my only gripe with the 3DS...

#11BrainhunterPosted 6/17/2010 12:54:24 AM
I'm just shocked that developers actively refuse to add a second nubstick to a handheld. How hard can it be, especially since games are going to be in a 3D environment now more than ever, rather than the typical sidescrolling or top-down perspective games we've typically been handed on Gameboy and DS.
#12BIGLlittlelPosted 6/17/2010 6:14:01 PM
I know! Seriously, there's tons of room on the right side for one... Give the people what they want!
---
You've got it under control?! You're grabbing a ****ing bazooka, dumbass!
~Red Mist
#13Nano KitsunePosted 6/17/2010 6:19:15 PM
My gripe with this system is how many times it will evolve before it's final evolution. I really don't want to go through the 3DS, 3DS Lite, 3DSi and finally the 3DSXL evolutions.

Nintendo doesn't magically get stupid again. All the same quality improvements that went into the Lite and DSi will be present in the 3DS right from the start.

---
Here, take this bad-joke proof vest. It's made of clevlar.
#14NomchanPosted 6/17/2010 6:23:48 PM
Would have been nice to have a different logo, yeah. That was super lazy on Nintendo's behalf.
---
Final Fantasy XIII Defense Force
Cute girl like me, it's hard to close your eyes. - Oerba Dia Vanille
#15TheGreatUnownPosted 6/17/2010 6:50:21 PM
GameBoy to GameBoy Color to GameBoy Advance wasn't much better, TC......

This is madness.
---
Pokemon Pearl: 3867-5664-1088 Metroid Prime Hunters: 3266-4788-0711
MMSF 3 BA: 1161-7891-2368 (Cancer/Ophy) PSN: phantom_xii
#16DalkinPosted 6/17/2010 7:15:36 PM
THIS IS SPARTA
---
-This post is in no way shape or form a TOS violation-
#17InvadersMustDiePosted 6/17/2010 7:35:54 PM
some of the things you guys complain about are stupid.

I think "3DS" is a fitting name. Everyone knows what a DS is. This way the name is still familiar to people.

What would you call a 3D version of a DS?

Also, to the dude complaining about how it has 2 cameras on the outside..... How else do you expect to take 3D pictures?
#18MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/17/2010 7:41:02 PM
Nintendo doesn't magically get stupid again. All the same quality improvements that went into the Lite and DSi will be present in the 3DS right from the start.

That's something I didn't think about. That calms me down a bit about whether or not I'll need to buy the latest iteration. ^_^()
---
Official priest of the Great Church of Bidoof on the B/W boards. Herp Derp, master.
#19MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/17/2010 7:41:23 PM
Sorry, for the double post, but can I quote that in my sig?
---
Official priest of the Great Church of Bidoof on the B/W boards. Herp Derp, master.
#20PlatinumAcePosted 6/17/2010 7:45:39 PM

I feel like it looks too similar to the current DS,
same logo,
same buttons/d-pad

I thought this is supposed to be the successor? to me it seems like just another iteration of the DS.

what do you guys think?

it IS a successor, but i understand what youre saying. you have to understand though; there isnt much they could do. if they got rid of the dual screens, touch capabilities, or whatever, there would be countless cries of "wow this is such a step back! blah blah". its kind of hard to drastically change things, especially with it having 2 screens and touch. due to that, they're kind of stuck with that basic design concept.

as long as nintendo makes it clear that this is leaps and bounds ahead of the original DS, despite what it looks like, then im good.
---
Top ******* Percentage.