Any other PSP owners getting worried?

#1all_that_juicePosted 6/16/2010 11:34:03 PM
The 3DS looks like it's going to be making a lot of noise very, very soon. The list of scheduled games was already massive compared to the PSP's paltry offerings this year. The system was confirmed to be technologically superior to the PSP in multiple articles as well. The only exciting thing for the PSP was probably the new GoW, but that won't be enough to even put a dent in all the excitement the 3DS is generating.

Many sources are projecting the 3DS to be a massive success, much like the Wii and DS were, and with Nintendo's track record, I wouldn't doubt it. I'm just worried that once this thing hits, the PSP will even be more out of the game then it already is. PSP already only takes up a small section in most of the electronic stores I go to. Now with the 3DS, those sections will start to get smaller and smaller to give more attention to Nintendo's hot-selling handhelds.

No one's gonna care about the PSP and I'm afraid that eventually even Sony will follow suit and just stop caring about it as well (some people already argue that Sony doesn't care much about it). It's totally possible that support for the PSP will continue to dwindle further down. Maybe next year's E3 we'll see nothing at all for PSP as Sony realizes they just can't win in the handheld market and tries to cut their losses while they can. Is anyone else worried that the release of the 3DS maybe signifies the first step towards the PSP's impending demise?
---
GET BACK IN THE GAME!!
#2kodfish36Posted 6/16/2010 11:35:48 PM
Maybe Sony will release a successor to the PSP that will rival the 3DS.
---
I am a man. Did you think I was a woman?
#3PSI_GroundPosted 6/16/2010 11:35:58 PM
The rest of the PSP game sI want are stuff that's out and I still haven't played or Persona 3 Portable or Kingdom HEarts BBS, so I don't really care. XD
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#4ecco6t9Posted 6/16/2010 11:35:59 PM
If anything, the 3DS gives the PSP it's second 5 year run.

The power of both appear to be almost the same, the 3D effect can be turned off, so this may give the PSP a second chance....
---
Time Magazine's Man Of The Year 2006.
#5Solidus Snake72Posted 6/16/2010 11:36:13 PM
I almost bought a PSP last week but thought I would wait for E3

now I'm waiting for 3DS :D

---
Games Playing: FIFA 2010, Team Fortress 2
#6Grunt40Posted 6/16/2010 11:37:03 PM
The PSP was doomed a long time ago. It's lack of AAA titles don't help it at all, either. The next and final game I'm getting for my PSP is Kingdom Hearts: Birth by Sleep. After that it's going to sleep. Forever.
---
"The way IW designed it, the more mentally handicapped you are, the better you play."
kidersx on MW2
#7MonopomanPosted 6/16/2010 11:40:55 PM
There are plenty of good PSP games seriously.
#8Tien25Posted 6/16/2010 11:42:14 PM
"If anything, the 3DS gives the PSP it's second 5 year run.

The power of both appear to be almost the same, the 3D effect can be turned off, so this may give the PSP a second chance...."

Ummmm... so the PSP can't compete with the DS, but you think it can compete with a DS that has much better graphics, and 3D?

I've been debating over whether or not to buy a PSP for a while, but I'm saving the money for a 3DS. Nintendo announces this and Sony announces.... Marcus?
---
Brawl FC: 0087 1965 1861 (YAY)
#9SadCubsFanPosted 6/16/2010 11:42:54 PM
No. I'm playing MGS PW and have FF agito, the new God of War, and KH BBS in the future. those are all AAA titles. I'm cool with those for now. Sure there is other stuff im forgetting
#10PSI_GroundPosted 6/16/2010 11:46:15 PM
Sony announces.... Marcus?

The sad thing is, we've known of him for weeks. He actually makes me feel sad to own a PSP.
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880