Compare Umbrella Chronicles to Revelations

#1xcalvaryxPosted 6/17/2010 2:07:53 AM
Go look up the pictures. Compare them.

And tell me the 3DS' graphics aren't better than the Wii's.

And this is just a launch title.
---
City Folk~ (Normal town) 0645 9255 2240, Name: Max, Town: Solland
City Folk~ (Cool town) 1247 3767 6669, Name: Expada, Town Kronos
#2KadirothPosted 6/17/2010 2:13:58 AM
Lol I was thinking the same but was too afraid to say it.
And if the 3DS do end up having friend lists, voice chat, achievements (like the 360 and ps3 but not wii) then I'd have to say its better than the wii.
3D + Motion? Oh God.
---
3DS? Nice
#3xcalvaryx(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 2:14:49 AM
So true, bro.
And don't worry.
I shall be the voice of the people.
---
City Folk~ (Normal town) 0645 9255 2240, Name: Max, Town: Solland
City Folk~ (Cool town) 1247 3767 6669, Name: Expada, Town Kronos
#4ryan0991Posted 6/17/2010 2:17:18 AM
You really can't compare a very limited cut-scene to actual in-game graphics.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/bobthemaster.png
The proper phrase is "couldn't care less". "Could care less" means you care.
#5spectermaster14Posted 6/17/2010 2:18:44 AM

You really can't compare a very limited cut-scene to actual in-game graphics.

Revelations' demo was, apparently, real time.
---
Once you realize what a joke everything is, being the Comedian is the only thing that makes sense.
- Edward Blake
#6Sarick_LyrePosted 6/17/2010 2:25:13 AM
It's a tech demo not a cut-scene. In a way it is a cut-scene, but a completely system generated one (as in not an FMV or something or whatever format they use).

The only differences between this and gameplay is there is no control which has no affect on graphics. Also that there is set animations. I also believe you had control over the camera in this tech demo which means it's basically gameplay. It's like getting a robot to play the game for you while you just tell it the camera angle you want. The system is still doing all the things it would be doing.

That said if there were more things on screen the graphics would likely get worse to compensate for it. But being a Resident Evil title if it is like the old games the game will likely be filled with hallways and one or two enemies in each one.
#7ryan0991Posted 6/17/2010 3:05:40 AM

Revelations' demo was, apparently, real time.

I know that it's real time, but you still can't compare it to actual game play.

Then again, maybe I'm underestimating the 3DS. We don't really have much to go on.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/bobthemaster.png
The proper phrase is "couldn't care less". "Could care less" means you care.
#8Sybb_returnsPosted 6/17/2010 3:45:06 AM
You should comare the real time cut scene in Revelations to the real time cut scenes in RE4 Wii edition.

It was the same things there, not gameplay graphics. It's optimized real time graphics.
#9rytangoPosted 6/17/2010 7:51:05 AM
Revelations looks better, but you have to consider-

Smaller screen size which compresses the image, making it look crisper.
There hasn't been a wii tech demo compared to the MGS3 or RE demo that shows off only the highest graphical capabilities.
We don't know how much the graphics will take a hit once ai, and other factors are added in.

With that said, I really hope they can maintain those visuals through a solid 6-10 hour adventure.
#10gameguy2500Posted 6/17/2010 7:53:25 AM
Uh, I really have to disagree on this one... The models are actually fairly jagged in Revelations, and even though Umbrella Chronicles borrows most of its enemy and character models from last gen, they still look better.
---
"I typed this."