EB Games Australia preorders- $348 AUD (NOT USD, NOT AUTHORIZED BY NINTENDO)

#1gransPosted 6/17/2010 4:32:02 AM
Keep in mind that THIS PRICE IS EB GAMES' OWN PRICE, THEY CLEARLY SAY THEY MADE IT UP. It's also Aussie dollars, meaning it's far more expensive than US dollars.

Anyways, EB Games AU is taking preorders of the 3DS already, having set the price as $348 Australian dollars. To put this into perspective-

DS Lite- $200 AUD
DSi- $250 AUD
DSi XL- $300 AUD

Take this information with a huge grain of salt, EB Games (Gamestop) is notorious for bad service and making up complete lies to cash in on preorders or sales. Nintendo hasn't announced anything, and they certainly haven't told EB Games anything about the price, so the odds of this being true are almost 0. And it WILL be cheaper in the US regardless of these prices anyways.

http://www.ebgames.com.au/ds-150919-Nintendo-3DS-Red-Nintendo-DS
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#2HasquarlPosted 6/17/2010 6:32:26 AM
That's a fairly believable price for a handheld at launch. I'd wait until it's less than $300 though.
#3Der_BearPosted 6/17/2010 8:29:44 AM
That's $300 USD.
---
Oh, is that how you pay for the benzoyl peroxide I smell steaming off your greasy face?
#4Grunt40Posted 6/17/2010 8:31:44 AM
$300? That's fine... look at what we are getting.

But this is Gamestop that made up the damn price. They are cheap bastards anyway. I think it'll be $250 max.
---
"The way IW designed it, the more mentally handicapped you are, the better you play."
kidersx on MW2
#5Nev47Posted 6/17/2010 8:35:38 AM
300$ for a handhelp seems a bit much.

I could get 2 xbox 360 for that price.
#6pakathecatPosted 6/17/2010 8:47:19 AM
$299 wouldn't totally surprise me, though my guess is $249. With preorders, they don't charge until they ship I think, and then would charge the current price. Might be worth it if they offer the option here... I want one at release, and earlier the preorder higher your priority I'd assume.

If they announce a release date that falls in time for the holiday season, probably important to preorder-- who knows what supplies will be like, and you'll have everyone buying them up to resell online if it is as hot an item as I think it will be.