Not sure what I think of the remakes.

#1crazybotPosted 6/17/2010 6:00:33 AM
I'd rather see new games in those series. Even though I hold OOT and StafFox64 in high regard. I just hope we don't see dozens of remakes.
#2schlanzPosted 6/17/2010 6:04:59 AM
I don't mind. Its not like thats all there is going to be. Remakes and ports are pretty common on handhelds, ya should be used to that by now.
---
Something can be multi platform and exclusive at the same time. ~Geist
the dude abides
#3ViewtifulGenePosted 6/17/2010 6:18:54 AM
I'm sure we'll be seeing new installments in those series later. I think it's just easier to do a remake for giving new 3DS owners something to play with right away. There's no risk for the producer or consumer because it's already been established that these are good games. That and it'll get dev teams' feet wet for bigger projects.

Personally, I'd rather have a solid remake than a gimmicky sequel anyway. A few solid franchises wound up hitting low points when they debuted on the DS. Wario: Master of Disguise, Viewtiful Joe: Double Trouble, Mario and Luigi: Partners in Time, Guilty Gear: Dust Strikers, and Zelda: Phantom Hourglass all come to mind right away. Not that these games are trash, but they're disappointing compared to other entries in their own series.

---
You can wax on, wax off all you want. I'm still kickin' your ***.
#4crazybot(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 6:29:06 AM
OOT is my personal fav game of all time. Guess I'll play through it yet again :) Though they really should add masterquest to the title. So that it offers that different play for those who haven't experienced it.
#5MetroidJunkiePosted 6/17/2010 6:31:50 AM
It seems a bit ridiculous that they would wait until NOW to remake these N64 games when they could've made them on the first DS to begin with. Metal Gear Solid: Snake Walker makes sense since it's utilizing the more powerful 3DS graphics chip.