The 3DS is nothing but a beefed up DSi

#1Sybb_returnsPosted 6/17/2010 8:33:17 AM
I can't express enough how disappointed I am with the 3DS. Remember the first time you saw DS? The first time you saw Wii? You said WOW!

The first time you saw 3DS it was like:

"I've seen this before"

and

"I already know this"

There was no surprise. The 3D effect is limited to the "look out of the window" effect instead of things popping out from the screen. And the rest of the console is a DSi with better graphics.

That being said, the games look fantastic and I can't wait to play them. I'm just so disappointed in the hardware. :-(
#2SolidSushiPosted 6/17/2010 8:36:29 AM
Lol yet you will purchase it anyway.
---
^(0_0^) -(_-) Smash Bros Brawl: 3007 7757 6029
The first pocket thats fat the tec is to his back!-Biggie Smalls[~N~]
#3Sybb_returns(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 8:37:32 AM
Yes I will, because of the games. This is not a fanboy thread. I'm just expressing my huge disappointment in the hardware because Nintendo didn't surprise me this time.

And the 3D doesn't even work like true 3D.
#4rytangoPosted 6/17/2010 8:37:55 AM
I haven't seen a depth scewing handheld before.

I do not know this.

The graphics are really good for a handheld.
#5marrownautPosted 6/17/2010 8:38:13 AM
^TC pwned.
---
Pokemon Platinum FC - 1204 6681 2142
mario kart-marrownaut-FC 0688 5839 4416
#6Grunt40Posted 6/17/2010 8:41:34 AM

Yes I will, because of the games. This is not a fanboy thread. I'm just expressing my huge disappointment in the hardware because Nintendo didn't surprise me this time.

And the 3D doesn't even work like true 3D.

Have you even played the damn thing or even seen the 3D up close? No. How the hell do you know what the 3D looks like? Everyone who has seen it and played with it a bit has said the 3D is phenomenal.
---
"The way IW designed it, the more mentally handicapped you are, the better you play."
kidersx on MW2
#7GencoilPosted 6/17/2010 8:44:00 AM
Hmm... let's see here:

- Better graphics AND in 3D.
- Better online services
- An analogue stick
- Widescreen display
- 3D camera
- Tilt sensors and accelerometers

What more are you expecting then? What does it take to satisfy you? :P

---
www.klustr.net | Contra Database - www.klustr.net/contra | PSN ID: Gencoil
#8PlatinumAcePosted 6/17/2010 8:44:06 AM

I can't express enough how disappointed I am with the 3DS. Remember the first time you saw DS? The first time you saw Wii? You said WOW!

The first time you saw 3DS it was like:

"I've seen this before"

and

"I already know this"

There was no surprise. The 3D effect is limited to the "look out of the window" effect instead of things popping out from the screen. And the rest of the console is a DSi with better graphics.

That being said, the games look fantastic and I can't wait to play them. I'm just so disappointed in the hardware. :-(

you forgot to mention motion controls and the gyroscope. and theres rumors going on that the stylus is going to feature something new we havent seen. you also failed to mention the analogue slider that we now have. plus are you from the future? because we sure as hell have never seen 3D on a handheld, much less without the damn glasses.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#9PlasticGearPosted 6/17/2010 8:44:40 AM
Exactly. the 3DS uses a new type of screen. There is NO way to show the effect on a standard computer monitor without engineering one to use stereoscopic glasses or cross eyed magic eye tricks, and even then they wont accurately reflect what the 3DS looks like. It's impossible for anyone to know exactly what it looks like without firsthand experience.
---
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho
#10Pliskin01Posted 6/17/2010 8:50:57 AM
The 3D effect is limited to the "look out of the window" effect instead of things popping out from the screen.

nope
---
http://card.mmos.com/psn/profile/lt/p/LtPliskin01/card.png
http://i49.tinypic.com/1zl98nq.jpg