3DS leap is not that great graphically

#1sonic_sonicPosted 6/17/2010 11:08:51 AM
http://ds.ign.com/articles/109/1099732p1.html

There's a big leap in graphics nonetheless, but it's not the 3DS=Wii leap better. It looks more inline with the high end PSP games. Now, not trolling, since DS to PSP is still a big leap, but I'm tired of hearing how its the equivalent to Wii graphics. Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, and MGS3 seem the exception to the rule, but the first only has an obvious bullshot screenshot (the AA is way too high) and the latter were just "interactive cutscene", designed to show off the power, but not representative of gameplay.
---
XBox Live: HTS1
PSN:HTS_1
#2TheTTLegendPosted 6/17/2010 11:17:01 AM
Dude its more powerful than the psp by a ton. Don't even compare it with the psp.and it is atleast as powerful as the gamecube but im betting like a lot of other people that it is more powerful than the gamecube. Wii? Well take into consideration how dang good the graphics already look and we can't even see the 3d yet so yes it is possible that you could see wii level graphics later on and just maybe just maybe it might even be stronger than a wii.
#3CelesColeVIPosted 6/17/2010 11:17:16 AM
It's better than any handheld I ever seen and that's what matters when it comes to graphics for me. And you know what? The graphics are gonna get better too. They always do for every system.
---
The most extensive Final Fantasy Fangame today!
http://final-fantasy-essence.webs.com/ By fans for fans.
#4VinvyPosted 6/17/2010 11:29:19 AM
There's a big leap in graphics nonetheless, but it's not the 3DS=Wii leap better. It looks more inline with the high end PSP games. Now, not trolling, since DS to PSP is still a big leap, but I'm tired of hearing how its the equivalent to Wii graphics. Kingdom Hearts, Resident Evil, and MGS3 seem the exception to the rule, but the first only has an obvious bullshot screenshot (the AA is way too high) and the latter were just "interactive cutscene", designed to show off the power, but not representative of gameplay.

Making claims on an unreleased systems graphics based on unfinished 1st gen games, the worst looking of the lot, is ridiculous. Look at the best looking games they are currently showing, and then expect games to start looking even better as the systems life goes on. Look at first gen DS games vs ones being released right now.

Wait and see and wait for real specs to come out.
---
an invitation to play Russian roulette with a phallic pistol
#5Synchr0nicityPosted 6/17/2010 11:31:04 AM
Wow... you're actually bringing a link from IGN who clearly said that the 3DS will be almost as powerful as the PS3/360.

Anyway, I can't see this article saying anything about the graphics, they're asking the viewers for their opinions.
---
<3 Yui Makino
PS0 FC: 3180 6658 3103
#6Maxx_the_SlashPosted 6/17/2010 11:31:19 AM
I'm looking at that Animal Crossing screenshot at that link. Holy ****ing hell, that looks incredible!
---
http://3dotfan.webs.com/home.htm - My 3DDGH Characters
XBL - Maxx the Slash | PSN - Maxx_the_Slash
#7Nave316Posted 6/17/2010 11:34:21 AM
If you can control the camera in the Snake Eater 3DS demo, then that means everything you see is being rendered in real time using the graphics engine of the system...

It was meant to tease not only the graphics of the 3DS, but also the game Snake Eater itself.

The reason Kojima didnt include gameplay other then that is because it is too early to do so, this was just a demo to show you how amazing the graphics of this system are gonna be, and to remind us that Snake Eater is one of the greatest games of all time and this version seems to be working up to topping the original.
#8MrKunioPosted 6/17/2010 11:35:18 AM
I agree fully with the TC!

Its just a rehashed gimmick to sell to consumers! Whats not 3d about psp and DS already? Is it the fact that the stuff doesnt pop out of the screen while youre playing? Are they not 3d images you are viewing when youre playing animal crossing on ds and MGS on psp? Why do you want them to pop out at you? Its not a hologram, and even if it was i wouldnt really be that impressed.

Maybe the first time i saw it i would be impressed, but its still going to be second nature as time progresses.
---
Official Mr. Bousouzoku 1986
PSZ FC = Kunio (2278-7721-8018)
#9PSI_GroundPosted 6/17/2010 11:35:41 AM
It'll still get better as time goes on.
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#10KonataruhiistPosted 6/17/2010 11:35:44 AM
Imo, it's an insult to 3DS to call 3DS = Wii graphics.