New game idea. Super Smash House

#1D NycePosted 6/17/2010 10:19:03 AM
I had an idea for a Smash Bros game way back when the original DS was project Nitro. I never posted it, but I had given a couple ideas away. But now with the 3DS' window view 3D, the game can be imagined even better so I'll post it.

Just imagine with me here. You're playing a fully fleshed out game of Smash Bros on Luigi's mansion. Except, besides viewing the game from the front of the house, you can pan around the entire building. There are corridors and hallways throughout the mansion itself as well. 4-8 players are running around the mansion, and the object is to send the other player flying into the void.

The obstacle is that you're stuck inside the house, and you can't really see everybody until they are within close proximity to your player. The game would have a Metroid Other M type view point, where you can see inside the building, but only to the specific spot where your character is. They can run along halls in 2D, but you can also enter doors and bigger or smaller rooms while playing in 3D over the shoulder. Depth to the 3D pretty much. You can grab any object in the room for use as a melee weapon.

The fun part. a 10% damaged Mario comes bursting into the room behind you. You pan the camera for a 2D view versus mario (view may have to be forced by the game engine) and begin your assault. Of course, at 10-15%, you can't get rid of Mario easily, but as the damage increases and gets to 20-25%, you can start knocking him through walls, following him room to room to continue the fray. Mario is at the last wall in the house between himself and the void. Mario try's to fight back, but you smash him out of the house. You perfectly edge hog so he can't make it back inside and he falls under the mansion into the void.

Then a 75% damaged fox comes to fight you. through the ceiling. You mix it up for a bit, then spike him through the floor. He falls through the other 2 floors, and through the bassment floor but what? He uses fox fire to gain some height, and re enters the mansion through the hole he made in the bassment. He comes back for more.

I could go on for days about the workings, but that's it in a nutshell. Indoor, destructible environments plus smash bros and the ability to wield any free floating object. Plus the same controls/movesets with the ability to move the camera to your liking during the fight. 3rd person super scope in 3D? count me in!
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#2xrtlopPosted 6/17/2010 10:23:00 AM
Sounds kind of boring. One level would get tiresome after a while.
---
Glad
#3MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/17/2010 10:27:34 AM
I think this is an awesome idea! It'd be hilarious to throw someone through a wall and start pelting them with bricks.
---
Official priest of the Great Church of Bidoof on the B/W boards. Herp Derp, master.
#4D Nyce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 10:28:58 AM
Wow. I guess I HAVE TO STATE an OBVIOUS fighting game would have to have more than one level.

"I could go on for days about the workings, but that's it in a nutshell. Indoor, destructible environments plus smash bros and the ability to wield any free floating object. Plus the same controls/movesets with the ability to move the camera to your liking during the fight. 3rd person super scope in 3D? count me in!"
---
#5xrtlopPosted 6/17/2010 10:30:54 AM
No, I read that. Maybe I didn't understand. Do you mean there would be different locales inside Luigi's Mansion, like Final Destination, inside the mansion?
---
Glad
#6weeedinPosted 6/17/2010 10:33:10 AM
i don't see how this is really any different from any of the smash games. Hell there was even a Luigi's mansion level in Brawl

---
PSN: weeedin Steam: weeedin
XBL: weeedin
#7MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/17/2010 10:35:12 AM
You guys don't seem to understand; he means you can go inside the mansion, in each of the different rooms.
---
Official priest of the Great Church of Bidoof on the B/W boards. Herp Derp, master.
#8D Nyce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 10:35:34 AM
No. I mean Luigi's mansion was an example. The game would not have a story or scenario. It would primarily be multiplayer/bots, with the stages being indoor parts of building. Maybe a giant elevator platform flying up and down a building.
---
#9MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/17/2010 10:36:45 AM
No. I mean Luigi's mansion was an example. The game would not have a story or scenario. It would primarily be multiplayer/bots, with the stages being indoor parts of building. Maybe a giant elevator platform flying up and down a building.

I know; I was agreeing with you.
---
#10xrtlopPosted 6/17/2010 10:38:33 AM
Okay, it sounds like a cool idea then. I thought you meant the entire game took place inside a large Luigi's mansion. Transitioning from 3-D to 2-D on the fly might be confusing though.
---
Glad