Square Enix "Final Fantasy" support for the 3DS

#1KuhnertPosted 6/17/2010 1:16:26 PM
I'm actually surprised this has not been brought up yet here, so I might as well have a go with this.

A while back after Final Fantasy 4 DS was released an IGN had an interview with one of the lead developers for SE and asked the big question about bringing other chronological Final Fantasy games to the DS. Their response was essentially "we don't like the hardware on the DS, we have no plans of bringing others to the handheld" - which irks the question. SE states they will have "Final Fantasy" brought onto the 3DS, what is the possibility they will bring other chronological games from the series to the handheld and what will be their motivation with the Crystal Chronoical series they have developed?

Another big question that's worth throwing out there. What will they do the motivation be with Crystal Chronicals? The game itself has gone a long way for 3 installments to the franchise, and the original intention for it was to be a mostly "softcore MMO" type game - which in hand it does a fairly good job on it. With the SD card output for either additional content, and the by base 2gig worth of cart space for the game the possibilities are getting extremely high for this franchise.

With all the 3rd party support this console has for it's launch, I'd actually find it quite hard to believe big name gaming companies didn't go straight out and say how they wanted to developer the games, and what they wanted to see hard-ware wise from the 3DS. This has gotten me pretty excited for what can be brought to the table. SE in short sight, is bringing a ton of their highest name franchises to the 3DS.
#2SorozonePosted 6/17/2010 1:33:11 PM
Hasn't been brought up because FF has been a horrible series after the 3rd installment.
#3sumweeabooPosted 6/17/2010 1:34:48 PM
Why do they call it final fantasy if they keep on making more?
---
derp
#4zillazeroPosted 6/17/2010 1:42:45 PM
"Why do they call it final fantasy if they keep on making more?"

lol...good question.

---
"All of the battles are based on actual real battles that took place in Japanese history... so here we have this Giant Enemy Crab."
#5Cleon3600Posted 6/17/2010 1:55:35 PM
You should google the story about the name..
---
Monster Hunter Tri - Zelgius
Whoever finds me gets free stuff!