Will all games implement the 3D effect?

#1GoldenAnderosPosted 6/17/2010 1:44:51 PM
If all developers decide to use the 3D effect, then that means the end of 2D games once the normal DS's life peters out.

Maybe some developers will choose not to. They'd just take advantage of the other features of the 3DS: higher resolution, more power, etc. Kind of like how some DS games ignore the touch screen.
#2PSI_GroundPosted 6/17/2010 1:46:15 PM
Maybe, maybe not.
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#3GhostFace977Posted 6/17/2010 1:46:44 PM
Probably they will make the games for both system, but some will still stay exclusive to the 3DS.

What I mean by both systems, is that if you're playing with the 3DS, it will be in 3D, but when you play it on the DS, it will remain the same.
---
I'm a lone wolf.....So don't try and come along with me.
#4PlatinumAcePosted 6/17/2010 1:57:17 PM

Probably they will make the games for both system, but some will still stay exclusive to the 3DS.

What I mean by both systems, is that if you're playing with the 3DS, it will be in 3D, but when you play it on the DS, it will remain the same.

thats stupid. the 3DS has a depth slider, so you can adjust the 3D effect, even to the point where there is none. this is a new generation guys, we wont be seeing 3DS and DS run side by side for long.

and to TC, i doubt it. just like not all wii games use motion control, and not all DS games focus on touch control.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#5No1etterPosted 6/17/2010 1:59:06 PM
It's a new system. Going from GB to GBA; or GBA to DS.

Different Cartridges supposedly even though the DS cartridge will still fit the 3DS. So if they were to make a game multi-handheld, there'd be no reason for them to not make the game 3d.

That said, devs can do whatever they want. Since it's a proprietary function, though, I don't see to many games not using it.
#6PlasticGearPosted 6/17/2010 1:59:54 PM
You can still make 2D games in 3D. Imagine Parallax scrolling with actual depth.

...I hope they make a 3DS Metroidvania, now that I think about it.
---
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho
#7TheDarkNerdPosted 6/17/2010 2:08:43 PM

You can still make 2D games in 3D. Imagine Parallax scrolling with actual depth.

It would be cool if they gave some pixels actual depth, though that might be extremely difficult to sprite out.
---
http://i39.tinypic.com/xnar69.gif
#8PlasticGearPosted 6/17/2010 2:31:28 PM
It would be cool if they gave some pixels actual depth, though that might be extremely difficult to sprite out.

Yeah, I could see an them using alpha masks for sprite depth instead of transparency.

Damn, wish I had a 3D monitor, I'd try to make that...
---
"Those are my principles, and if you don't like them... well, I have others." - Groucho