people expected a $150 price point...

#51koopabros64Posted 6/17/2010 7:15:57 PM
The wii should have only been priced at 150 dollars in the first place.
---
The Platypus the reason games like spore exist.
#52darkheartVegetaPosted 6/17/2010 7:16:26 PM
I would say $300 at the cheapest
---
trainer name: angie
platinum FC: 4941 1682 6243 soul silver FC: 3395 6427 3941
#53HawkproPosted 6/17/2010 7:21:12 PM
I would say $200 at most. Nintendo always lowers the price of the old system to compensate the new. My guess is all DS will be $150 or less once the 3DS is released and the 3DS will be no more than $200. I highly doubt it will be any less though since the DSiXL recently came out.
---
PSN: alloftheabove14
ALT: SmellyMcFatPants
#54gransPosted 6/17/2010 7:29:43 PM
I don't think it will be less than $200, but i don't think it will be more either. At the MOST, $220. And i'd be unlikely to purchase it if it's more than $200. I want it badly, but $250 for a handheld game system was, is, and (at least in the near future) is ridiculous. People here seem to forget that the low price is still a primary draw of their handhelds. Nintendo knows this full well, and unless they are foolish beyond reason, they will take that into account.

And i shall be very disappointed and unimpressed with them if they're arrogant enough to price it $240 or more. They'll have lost a sale (and i'm sure thousands more) if they do that. Again, they know this, they're quite well aware that not everyone can afford high prices. They're not like the competitor's high prices. This all comes down to whether Nintendo is smart or stupid. And they have only been truly foolish at one time in their entire history- Virtual Boy. And boy did they learn from that...
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#55psoesmPosted 6/17/2010 7:35:28 PM

And i shall be very disappointed and unimpressed with them if they're arrogant enough to price it $240 or more. They'll have lost a sale (and i'm sure thousands more) if they do that. Again, they know this, they're quite well aware that not everyone can afford high prices. They're not like the competitor's high prices. This all comes down to whether Nintendo is smart or stupid. And they have only been truly foolish at one time in their entire history- Virtual Boy. And boy did they learn from that...

they also have sony to learn from whose made a mistake twice due to arrogance with the psp and ps3s pricing. Just because nintendo is dominating the market doesnt mean they should be arrogant about it and I doubt they will.
---
http://i.imgur.com/5xeYc.jpg
http://i41.tinypic.com/5ug5c1.jpg/
#56gransPosted 6/17/2010 7:42:26 PM
Aye, Sony taught them some important lessons on how NOT to market a handheld console. Nintendo is not stupid, and they have yet to intentionally rip their customers off and get too arrogant. They are well aware how important it is to have the largest audience possible, the 3DS is no exception and they'll have to keep the price low in this economy to reach the widest profit. They'll reach far more profit margins by pricing it at $200 and getting TONS of sales than they will by pricing it more than that and having fewer people buying it due to not being able to afford it.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville