Man that top screens ugly!!!

#1KINGWHINNETPosted 6/17/2010 2:48:21 PM
Don't get me wrong, I cant wait for this device but that top screen looks completly out of place with the red/ blue bottom screens. Apparantly this is not the final design but if they dont sort this out looks like I'l have to buy a bland black 3DS rather than an awesome coloured one.
#2MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/17/2010 2:54:05 PM
That's pretty much the main complaint with the design, aside from the fact that it shuns lefties.
---
Official priest of the Great Church of Bidoof on the B/W boards. Herp Derp, master.
#3ryan0991Posted 6/17/2010 3:04:03 PM
Yeah, I see what you mean.

That black outline looks out of place.
---
http://card.mygamercard.net/nxe/bobthemaster.png
The proper phrase is "couldn't care less". "Could care less" means you care.
#4jademiedPosted 6/17/2010 3:07:26 PM
lefties have always played the games the same way. Why soo much complain now?
---
If you want Megaman X and Zero in Marvel VS Capcom 3 Put this message in your signature.
#5KINGWHINNET(Topic Creator)Posted 6/17/2010 3:13:46 PM
I have faith in Nintendo, I read an article where they said its pretty much done but the design isnt final. Remember the origional DS prototype (which was actually kinda awesome), the design changed considerably. I really like the look of the blue 3DS lets just hope they match the top screen with the rest of the device!
#6Sirian_HawkPosted 6/17/2010 3:17:02 PM
Just buy the black one and now it matches. Problem solved.
---
"Great modem of mercy! Cover the children's eyes!" "There are no children here." "Then move your fat head. I can't see!" ~Futurama
#7sackboypwnsallPosted 6/17/2010 3:18:17 PM
I think the black enhances the 3D effect more.
---
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!
#8sackboypwnsallPosted 6/17/2010 3:19:11 PM
^So its like you consentrate on the screen more and not be distracted by the colors all over.
---
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!
#9mark_1982Posted 6/17/2010 4:04:23 PM
I think the internal casing should be black for top and bottom, and only the outside shell is red, blue, green, whatever.
#10WetterdewPosted 6/17/2010 4:47:44 PM
"lefties have always played the games the same way. Why soo much complain now?"

^Because with DSes, you could use the XABY buttons with your right hand to replace the D-pad. But now there is a slide pad that will be much more effective in many games, and it's only for the left hand, which means only right-handed people will be able to use the stylus and the slide pad together. There were problems with the DS models and software (for example, Nintendo stupidly put the stylus on the right side of their DS Lites, is, and i XLs), but they were largely surmountable. This is quite a more glaring mistake.
---
Everything is a journey. Explore ALL.