Installing games on the systems memory

#11PlatinumAcePosted 6/17/2010 7:30:39 PM
there was a topic about this earlier. someone said that maybe there could be a thing where each physical cartridge could be installed to only ONE 3DS, to prevent you from just borrowing a friends game or something like that. that still leaves renting in question though. still not a bad idea though.

but what i think might happen is that it'll work like the 360 - you can install to the internal memory and get the faster load times/processing and all that jazz. BUT, to play said game, the physical cartridge must still be inserted into the system.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#12mtjormitchPosted 6/17/2010 7:30:47 PM
........................................(thinking.)..........................................................................

(DING)

No way, they, no freaking way..... guys, I think I've just figured out how they plan that this won't happen, it might even destroy any 3DS used industry as well.

each 3DS card automatically matches itself with your 3DS, this explains why there is internal memory. each 3ds card you put in can only be played on that system.

I know people will say, "No way they will do that! what if that DS breaks?"

well, there could be a code that can be put into another ds, or an installation cord to put the old memory into the new 3ds is also possible.

I know how impossible this sounds, but dude, think about the used game industry stealing money from devs, now think of pirates stealing thousands of ds games. this idea could single handedly destroy both of them, or drastically reduce them immensely.
---
"Come'on Butthead, give them a chance." "They shouldn't give anyone a chance to suck." From Beavis and Butthead
#13mtjormitchPosted 6/17/2010 7:32:40 PM
PlatinumAce
Posted 6/17/2010 7:30:39 PM
message detail there was a topic about this earlier. someone said that maybe there could be a thing where each physical cartridge could be installed to only ONE 3DS, to prevent you from just borrowing a friends game or something like that. that still leaves renting in question though. still not a bad idea though.

but what i think might happen is that it'll work like the 360 - you can install to the internal memory and get the faster load times/processing and all that jazz. BUT, to play said game, the physical cartridge must still be inserted into the system.
-----------------------------------------
beat me by 8 seconds man. but damn, I call highly possible on it. and it would generate more revenue, they would be stupid not to do it.
---
"Come'on Butthead, give them a chance." "They shouldn't give anyone a chance to suck." From Beavis and Butthead
#14jbeave907Posted 6/17/2010 7:39:24 PM
each 3DS card automatically matches itself with your 3DS, this explains why there is internal memory. each 3ds card you put in can only be played on that system.

It sounds like a good idea on paper, but there's not much to stop determined hackers from "hacking" something like that to pieces.

---
http://pspwalls.deviantart.com/
#15Sir_EdwardPosted 6/17/2010 8:53:15 PM
"
but what i think might happen is that it'll work like the 360 - you can install to the internal memory and get the faster load times/processing and all that jazz. BUT, to play said game, the physical cartridge must still be inserted into the system."

No, they said the purpose of this was so that you DON'T have to carry around all your games.
---
If you believe in the Flying Spaghetti Monster and are 100% proud of it post this as your signature
#16PlatinumAcePosted 6/17/2010 9:12:07 PM

"
but what i think might happen is that it'll work like the 360 - you can install to the internal memory and get the faster load times/processing and all that jazz. BUT, to play said game, the physical cartridge must still be inserted into the system."

No, they said the purpose of this was so that you DON'T have to carry around all your games.

hey, im just telling you another company implemented the system. and IMO its the only method that doesnt completely kill game rentals or actual game sales. not saying that i like it or that its convenient though. the "install on one 3DS only" way sounds ok, but then that hurts rentals and used games. not that nintendo would care though, i guess
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#17impatientpersonPosted 6/17/2010 9:14:54 PM
Maybe they'll stick a timer on there... so when you install it will last for about a week (maybe a bit longer, 10 or so days?). Then it will delete itself. If you have the cartridge you could choose to install it again, or if you were just renting it, you time with the game would be over.
---
Coolest user EVER: http://boards.gamefaqs.com/gfaqs/user.php?board=927246&topic=44002797
#18strife14467Posted 6/17/2010 9:38:52 PM
I think the idea of being able to install a game to a single system is most likely to happen. They could have it where once you install a game to your system, the game card could store your system info and use that info to prevent the game from being installed to another system. After installing a game for the first time, the game card could read the system info during any additional installation attempts, and if it doesn't match what's saved then it won't install. This way you would have to be the first person to rent a game to install it to your system.

Another way they could prevent people from renting games and installing them would be to have special game cards for renting purposes only. The cards could be made so that they can't be installed to any system. Or with the first method I stated above, the rental companies could even install the games to a system before allowing them to be rented out.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, XBOX, and Wii