Pretend the 3DS is $300 at launch

#21GamerJMPosted 6/20/2010 12:13:57 PM
I'd still get it at 300$. It's not that much really. At least compared to the PS3.
---
http://www.backloggery.com/gamerjm
*Space for rent, if you have anything that would fit this sig well post it*
#22MetroidJunkiePosted 6/20/2010 12:17:19 PM
One problem with that: Nintendo's demographic consists largely of children and, if their parents decide $300 is too much, the sales will drop like a rock. Nintendo needs to find a price that parents will like, since they make up atleast a large chunk of the potential sales and, if they find it too high, little Jimmy might end up getting a PSP or something instead.
#23FlipManV3Posted 6/20/2010 12:24:46 PM

One problem with that: Nintendo's demographic consists largely of children and, if their parents decide $300 is too much, the sales will drop like a rock. Nintendo needs to find a price that parents will like, since they make up atleast a large chunk of the potential sales and, if they find it too high, little Jimmy might end up getting a PSP or something instead.

Have you ever played Xbox Live?
>_>

That alone is enough proof that this does not matter.

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
Waiting for: Ummm..Gears of War 3?
#24MetroidJunkiePosted 6/20/2010 12:36:51 PM
True, but Xbox Live tends to be full of kids that spout cuss words every other second, in other words the demographic of spoiled kids.
#25InsicorPosted 6/20/2010 12:41:09 PM
Hey it worked for the PSP. Oh wait...
---
I will never change my mind
I will leave it all behind
#26BurgerTime79Posted 6/20/2010 1:10:36 PM

Hey it worked for the PSP. Oh wait...

I don't think it was the price that was the problem.
The problem came from gamers who think that handhelds are childish and refused to buy the system. Then others bought it simply to do things I can't go into detail with on the message boards. If something comes out on the PSP that a person in those groups wants to play, they complain that it's on the system, cry that it should of been out on another one, and demand a remake on a "better" system.
The Wii sold for $250 at launch and is now $200. It still sells like hotcakes and look at what the stereotype of it's demographic is. I don't think that the 3DS having a $200-300 price range is going to be a problem
---
"The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC." -Phil Harrison
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152133.html
#27summerclawPosted 6/20/2010 1:12:40 PM
I'll skip it at that price. as simple as that.
---
No Signature for now.