The 3D is neat, but as a gamer, it's not why I want a 3DS.

#1nonexistingheroPosted 6/17/2010 11:19:35 PM
For Kinect, I had a "we'll see" attitude. But... They failed to impress with the lack of traditional games being done in new ways. Not even Child of Eden is very impressive... That, and I dislike trance music.

However, the 3DS immediately impressed. Not because of the 3D, but because of the excellent line-up. The 3D is just an extra bonus, IMO. Kid Icarus looks amazing, old classics remade/ported, new installments of a lot of big name franchises, and that all combined with graphical potential quite a bit beyond the PSP.

As someone's who's been gaming for more than 20 years, consider me impressed. I'd buy the thing day one, even if it didn't have 3D.
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#2hear_me_raorPosted 6/17/2010 11:21:06 PM
Well said, I second that.
---
[This sig will cause a nuclear reaction upon being read]
#3ffdghPosted 6/17/2010 11:21:16 PM
quality and quantity ftw!
---
SSBB-4768-7181-0493 MKW-3265-5611-1996
1453-4963-0274-7365 msc-1590-2358-9530
#4spooiePosted 6/17/2010 11:21:30 PM
You know, I expected kid icarus to be darker. I don't mean darker as in a violent/rugged/murky kind of way... just darker. One thing I remember from the original was a lot of black in the background.
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, NDS, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#5RPGMaster95Posted 6/17/2010 11:29:39 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of a moderator or administrator]
#6spooiePosted 6/17/2010 11:30:43 PM
Only by then, I'm already half asleep in a puddle of my own vomit. :\
---
Owner of The NES, SNES, N64, GCN, Wii, SMS, GEN, TG16, PSX, PS2, PS3, XBOX, X360, GB, GBC, GBA SP, GB Micro, NDS, PSP and a lot of crappy games. --BLINGO!
#7nonexistinghero(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2010 6:12:45 AM
bump
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.
#8ozfunghiPosted 6/18/2010 6:25:10 AM
The reason why it gets all the 3rd party backing (and by that i mean the more "core/non-family" games) is because:

1/ Nintendo has proven to still be able to shift hardware, creating a large user base
2/ 3DS is a portable powerhouse

We would not be seeing Saints Row, Assassins Creed, REvelations etc etc if the hardware was not as powerful. It's pretty telling, that on day one, the 3DS already has a more impressive (upcoming) game* line-up than the Wii in its entire life. So let's hope Nintendo gets it this time.

*and by "game" i'm talking about the non-family oriented games.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#9SkimGuyPosted 6/18/2010 6:46:19 AM

You see an amazing blonde at a bar, and end up taking her home... **** her brains out and have the orgasm of a life time, and then she says "wanna go again"? And that's the 3D in 3DS right there folks.

I would, the next day xd
---
#10darkprince25Posted 6/18/2010 8:47:12 AM
However, the 3DS immediately impressed. Not because of the 3D, but because of the excellent line-up. The 3D is just an extra bonus, IMO. Kid Icarus looks amazing, old classics remade/ported, new installments of a lot of big name franchises, and that all combined with graphical potential quite a bit beyond the PSP.

That fine, in fact it's an opinion worth respecting. However, I as a gamer am looking forward to 3D not because of the novelty of it but because, of the new field of depth it could add to games. I think that Kid Icarus will do well in 3D because, flying around objects and judging your distance from said objects will be easier than ever.

Can we do these type of games without 3D? Of course, but if we truly have an opportunity to improve controls, and camera movement without hampering gamers I'm all for it.
---
Wii what more can I say???