Is buying this when it comes out a bad idea?

#1LiISnowpawPosted 6/17/2010 11:12:38 PM
Are they going redesign it to be superior in every way a short while later? Then improve it several more times after that.
#2DarkSideOfBluePosted 6/17/2010 11:19:40 PM
Just buy the damn thing. For god's sake, people. Do you really hate the NOT FINAL design shown so much that you're already expecting a redesign shortly after release?

Really?

FFS
#3ElyxardPosted 6/17/2010 11:20:21 PM
The fact that it's already the size of a DS lite implies that there's not a whole lot of improving that they can do. Unless someone else can think of anything, I'd say that further versions won't differ that much from the first.
#4d0wnerPosted 6/17/2010 11:25:55 PM
Redesign will take a year to two years minimum, most likely closer to two.
---
floating upon the surface for the birds.
#5InvadersMustDiePosted 6/17/2010 11:33:03 PM
I can understand why people think about waiting, but on the other hand....

You want to maybe wait for a redesign right? well then, what about the redesign to the redesign? (if it happens).

Like the people that always said "LOL @ everyone who bought the DS phat coz now I got a lite!", etc,etc... It was the exact same with the DSi and DSiXL. But if you want to think like them you might as well not have bought any DS up until now right? because the 3DS is coming.

If you thought like that you wouldn't have been playing anything for the past what? 5 years or however long the DS has been around.

Who wants to always be waiting because you fear something newer and better is coming soon? You'd never buy anything and miss out on fun all that time.
#6BIGLlittlelPosted 6/17/2010 11:41:28 PM
Yeah, that thinking is seriously flawed. Just enjoy the moment people.
---
You've got it under control?! You're grabbing a ****ing bazooka, dumbass!
~Red Mist
#7GarbagePrincessPosted 6/18/2010 12:53:42 AM
Buying new stuff immediately is always a bad idea. Wait a year or so after it comes out before you buy it, and you'll save plenty of money on 3rd party titles, and hopefully hear whether a redesign to fix some unforeseen issue is coming. Buy a PS2 or a PSP (or some other console you don't have) and play some discounted AAA games until then.
#8brinetoldPosted 6/18/2010 12:57:59 AM
If you don't have a financial issue, go ahead, buy one 3DS when it first comes out.
---
"Don't be silly! I can't let the mother of a Kyokugen heir perish!" - Takuma