I wasn't expecting the 3DS model to look that good

#1osboesPosted 6/18/2010 6:13:50 AM
Being the launch model and looking back at the origional gameboy and DS I'd have thought it would have been a fat, chunky, ugly thing with all that demanding new tech inside it. The screen looks pretty good in proportion to the device too.
#2hbk007Posted 6/18/2010 6:57:20 AM
It's really more of suped up DS than an entirely brand new system.
---
CJayC | Posted: 6/3/2003
"GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site."
#3DekuSwordPosted 6/18/2010 6:58:26 AM
^ True! Except for that it's actually more like an entirely brand new system.
#4gransPosted 6/18/2010 7:00:40 AM

It's really more of suped up DS than an entirely brand new system.

I'd say you haven't even looked at any of the games then. Or even seen pics of the thing.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#5MasterOtenkoPosted 6/18/2010 7:50:05 AM
Guys, I think he's talking about the design...

The 3DS DOES look an awful lot like the DSi.

Not that I personally mind it.
---
Unyu! Unya!
#6trenkenPosted 6/18/2010 8:03:19 AM
"Except for that it's actually more like an entirely brand new system."

Im having trouble figuring that part out. Last time I checked it's a DS, with a stronger processor, and a 3D screen at the top, which isnt even pop out at you 3D, its depth 3D, like looking through a window. Tough to see how this will actually make the games fundamentally any different.
#7King_Cloud18Posted 6/18/2010 8:09:32 AM
^So... the PS3 is basically the same thing as a PS2?
---
If home is where the hearts is, where do you go when you dont have a heart? ~Dexter Morgan
#8mnemeth2005Posted 6/18/2010 8:16:59 AM
Yeah and by that logic the Wii is the same thing as a gamecube. Oh wait, it is.
---
Go Green, don't have kids. It's the most enviromentally friendly thing you can do.
#9nentindoPosted 6/18/2010 8:19:59 AM
What kind of bugs me is that the logo is the same as the DS logo, but with a 3 in front of "DS". And yes,it does look a lot like the DSi (not a bad thing though).
#10trenkenPosted 6/18/2010 8:24:50 AM
My point was I wish they ditched the dual screens, and changed the logo. The DS is a great system, but leave it at that, time to move on, do something new.

You want to do 3D? Well give us 1 big screen, change the logo, maybe a second slide pad on the right, and we'll call it a new system. Right now its too similar to the DS in too many ways, I refuse to consider this a new system when it looks just like the last one, and has almost the same freaking name.

Its yet another evolution of the DS, in 3D, like the DSi was adding a couple new features, this is not an entirely new nintendo handheld system. Sorry.