With 3DS unveiled, what will be the competitor's response to it?

#1Apeman1813Posted 6/18/2010 12:08:05 PM
How is Sony gonna supe up their PSP?
Do you think Apple discretely make iPhones, iPods, and iPads with 3D capabilities?
Will Microsoft even bother to make a portable gaming system?
---
No one agrees with you. This is GameFAQs. Even if people really do agree with you, they still don't. - Thunder_Armor
#2AerialAlchPosted 6/18/2010 12:11:50 PM
720p PSP obv. It's easy enough: 720PSP.
---
Currently playing: Record of Agarest War (360), Zeno Clash UE (360), DJ MAX Trilogy (PC)
#3GencoilPosted 6/18/2010 12:13:36 PM
They're gonna go "meh, that's not for us". Then a few years later they're going to release their own 3D handheld and it will be oh so new and innovative.

---
www.klustr.net | Contra Database - www.klustr.net/contra | PSN ID: Gencoil
#4SMZigPosted 6/18/2010 12:14:50 PM
Sony may add 3D to the next PSP to compete, however they have a lot more other problems to deal with when it comes their portable.

With 3D technology in general, they're really pushing it on the PS3. Being the only console right now that can support it, it's their edge in the market and it might be enough to give it the boost they need. Only problem I see is that 3DTVs and whatnot are still very new and not many people have adopted it as of yet.

As far as a Microsoft portable, I have no idea. I'm sure they could pull it off, but I doubt they'd enter the portable market.
#5Zero_SlashPosted 6/18/2010 12:17:36 PM
Microsoft Portable = Laptop with Windows 7

You have remember, Nintendo always has and always will have the dominant handheld (market wise). Being the oldest of the companies (with the exception of Microsoft, but they didn't enter gaming until a few years ago) they have all of the titles that everyone loves. Nobody can compete with that.
---
Current Title: Title Master
Titles Given: 11
#6zhangliao1Posted 6/18/2010 12:25:08 PM
actually i think sony is pushing 3d in order to sell 3d tvs not the other way around

---
"There are many children's books that teach morals, but I don't go around worshipping mother goose." - Dynalo
#7MexicanGamerPosted 6/18/2010 12:35:31 PM
PSP had some great games...just needed a better battery. I have a PSP 3000 and barely a year old and it dies so fast.

It's dead within 3-4 hours vs DSi lasts 12 or more.
I have PSP on low brightness too.
#8NevercomingdownPosted 6/18/2010 12:50:48 PM
Well Sony hasn't copied the whole 2 screens thing yet, and they still don't have a touch screen. They're running a little behind, but I'm gonna guess their new handheld will be touchscreen, better graphics, and they'll try to do 3D.
---
Gamertag: Elesp || PSN: DestroyTheEnd
"wheres the waiting room on the ps3 board?" -CinisterX
#9Prince ShondronaiPosted 6/18/2010 12:56:03 PM
I don't think Sony will release a dual-screened PSP, but I do think they'll go for the 3D touch-screen that Nintendo said they abandoned because smudges and such negated the 3D effect.
---
Awesomest comic ever:
www.coarselimely.com
#10frogman_295Posted 6/18/2010 12:56:54 PM
I imagine Sony will respond 1-2 years later (if they haven't given up) with a powerful handheld rivalling current gen graphics. It is yet to be seen if they will use 3D, prob. depends on how 3D works for 3DS.