*sigh* I almost wish the 3DS had a completely different...

#1PlatinumAcePosted 6/18/2010 1:40:18 PM
design, and also a new name. Thanks to those, the trolls as well as people who dont really follow game news are going to just group this new system with the likes of the DSLite, DSi/XL. they dont realize that this is the next generation handheld, and they just go on thinking its only DS + 3D. however, i know it would be difficult to do anything drastically different than the past systems. i mean what other designs and names could you use with TWO screens? anything less and people would be crying about how the system is a step back.

anyway, i hope nintendo doesnt hammer in the 3D aspect TOO hard, and advertise the other awesome features that separate this into a new generation: the internal memory, processing power, accelerometer & gyroscope, analogue stick, supposedly revamped online system...half the people that come in here ranting about the thing and saying how its the "same old" system, don't even know about that stuff. one guy came in here complaining about how the 3D should go and all that, and didnt even know that you could turn it off with the depth slider.

all in all, this is a NEW system, despite the name, logo, and design. hopefully more begin to realize that.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#2MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/18/2010 1:44:27 PM
Hopefully they'll be sure to specify the fact that it's a new console, because you're right; people who aren't active in video games as much probably won't know it. If they do only market the 3D, they'll be losing a large portion of their audience.
---
Official priest of the Great Church of Bidoof on the B/W boards. Herp Derp, master.
#3AMurderofCrowsPosted 6/18/2010 1:47:31 PM
WarioWare Twisted! 3D
---
HG FC: 0689 7606 8299
#4Mutedfaithwi60Posted 6/18/2010 1:52:18 PM
They still have enough time to change the design, the only problem I see with doing that is that it might confuse the casual consumer(the hardcore would know about the redesign). Though I'm not sure how many casual consumers(casual enough to be confused by such a thing) would be watching E3 or seeking pictures about what was shown there.
---
Supporting Resident Evil Outbreak Port!
http://www.supportoutbreak.com
#5KogaSteelfangPosted 6/18/2010 1:53:36 PM
Indeed, I was fooled first day too.

I missed the presentation on TV, so I had to look it up online. I thought it was going to be the next gen handheld, but when I saw it and that the 3D can be turned off. I was put under the impression it was just another remodel. I was very very disappointed.

Luckily this board swiftly set me straight again. ^^
---
Supported by wings of faith, Wielding a sword of light.
I am a believer.
#6AerialAlchPosted 6/18/2010 2:12:47 PM
the internal memory, processing power, accelerometer & gyroscope, analogue stick, supposedly revamped online system...
Oh, and that motion sensor.
---
Currently playing: Record of Agarest War (360), Zeno Clash UE (360), DJ MAX Trilogy (PC)
#7PlatinumAce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2010 5:36:22 PM

Indeed, I was fooled first day too.

I missed the presentation on TV, so I had to look it up online. I thought it was going to be the next gen handheld, but when I saw it and that the 3D can be turned off. I was put under the impression it was just another remodel. I was very very disappointed.

Luckily this board swiftly set me straight again. ^^

haha my point exactly. glad we were able to make you realize it though :p

---
Top ******* Percentage.
#8VamphaeryPosted 6/18/2010 6:03:22 PM
Why does it matter how other prospective customers perceive the system? If it has games and experiences they want, they'll buy it. Nintendo handhelds always sell ridiculously well, while it's certainly possible, I doubt the 3DS will be an exception.

At the end of the day, software sells hardware, and there are going to be games on the 3DS that aren't feasible from a hardware perspective on the DS.