Sign here if your left handed and...

#101MewKathyPosted 6/20/2010 8:49:12 AM
It's not about Nintendo not caring, or about whether Nintendo does anything about this or not. No one has asked them to cater to lefties. But people keep coming into this and other threads and telling lefties to "Stop whining," "suck it up," and to "just adapt," as if a) their complaints impact those telling them to shut up IN ANY WAY other than annoying them based solely on the fact that they aren't like them, b) everyone is equally adaptable, and c) they don't have the right to express dismay, frustration, and disappointment about this.

No, you're right. I just wanted to post an equally striking remark.
However, Nintendo CANNOT compensate for every case and you people know that.

We DO understand your gripes and moans, but why are you complaining NOW?
It has always been this way. From handhelds to mice to controllers.
Only recently with the Wii have they been "lefty-friendly". There was never any of that before.

So if you've only started playing video games since the Wii came out, then I can understand your moans. Otherwise, you should know better by now.

(And of course you're allowed to express whatever you want, just as we are allowed to express OUR frustration at your complaining.)
#102VamphaeryPosted 6/20/2010 8:55:51 AM
The difference is that in many console games, there are flip/lefty control options. On the DS there were often flip/lefty control options (controls were four directional often, so they could use the face buttons as a surrogate for the D-pad and hold the stylus in their dominant hand.) This time though, there is the analogue slide pad, which means that even if there are swap controls, the face buttons won't have the analogue sensitivity (which may be REQUIRED for some games, it stands to reason) that the nub has.

Yes, you have every right to express your "frustration with their complaining." There is a difference between your frustration and lefties' frustration, though, which is this:

There's no REASON to be frustrated by their complaining other than "EEK! They're saying something I don't agree with! Omg it's so frustrating! Why can't they be like me!?" Seriously, psychologically, that's the only source of the frustration you're alluding to. Can you think of another? How is their complaining affecting you directly? It's not. How is it going to impact your enjoyment of the 3DS upon its release? It's not. How are their complaints hurting or attacking you? They're not. Unlike you, at least the lefties complaining about this are doing so because of a real, tangible factors that they have reason to believe will limit their enjoyment of something they've been looking forward to and anticipating for a while now. You're just annoyed because they AREN'T. LIKE. YOU.

WHY?
#103MewKathyPosted 6/20/2010 9:08:20 AM
I think it's hilarious when people try to turn things around like this. Good try. Nice job on the psychological factors too, it made you sound more convincing.

Obviously I'm not complaining because you are DIFFERENT. I'm complaining because YOU'RE complaining over something that will not change.

Why do I complain? Firstly, as you can see, I'm not the first of my right-handed brethren who are.
Secondly, because I think what you're complaining about is ridiculous. Just as you think the lack-of-right analogue stick is ridiculous.

But this has gone way past ridiculous and is steaming into pointless drama over nothing.
I'm.. sympathetic towards your being left out, but unless they DO make a lefty-friendly 3DS(or add another analogue), you'll just have to adapt. <- That was simply my message before this whole thing.
#104VamphaeryPosted 6/20/2010 9:17:40 AM
Obviously I'm not complaining because you are DIFFERENT. I'm complaining because YOU'RE complaining over something that will not change.

That IS the difference, though. You think that something not changing as a result of complaining is a basis to not complain. Lefties feel otherwise, because they're the ones being directly affected by something REAL, as opposed to simple annoyance at someone not agreeing with your point of view, which is what you're presently experiencing.

Why do I complain? Firstly, as you can see, I'm not the first of my right-handed brethren who are.
Secondly, because I think what you're complaining about is ridiculous.

You feel that their complaint is ridiculous, but it doesn't stop there. You are literally annoyed and frustrated that they should make such a complaint, even though their complaint does not affect or reflect upon you in any way, shape, or form.

Again - you are frustrated because someone is different than you are lol. You feel that their complaint is ridiculous, but are also annoyed that they persist in their complaint, simply because you do not feel the same level of frustration with it that they do i.e. BECAUSE THEY. ARE. DIFFERENT.

I'm.. sympathetic towards your being left out, but unless they DO make a lefty-friendly 3DS(or add another analogue), you'll just have to adapt. <- That was simply my message before this whole thing.

And that is self-evident. What does pointing it out accomplish? Of course all they can do is either adapt or simply not play. No **** lol. Hey, look at that! You just complained despite the fact that it was predicated on something self-evident and the fact that it won't change anything. See how that works?