HOLY GOD!!! WHAT IF IT COST only $179.99!!?!!

#21YAMI_ANUBIS_XPosted 6/18/2010 5:55:12 PM
EVERYONE HATES EUROPE!

You know Sony released the PS3 SLIM in europe for 300 euros. Companies think Europes currency= USA.

3DS at that price is gonna kill off the PSP GO for good.
---
PSN: YAMI_ANUBIS_X
#22omescythePosted 6/18/2010 5:57:40 PM
i guess you could always trade in ds or dsi and get it without having to pay too much.
#23DannyDMFPosted 6/18/2010 5:57:42 PM
Did nobody notice the -Estimated Price-? Don't get your hopes up peoples.
#24sackboypwnsall(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2010 6:22:34 PM
I know it's estimated in all but optimism helps during these very dark times.....
We starve for news of the 3DS and the nintendo CEOs are just watching us squirm.....
Lusting for anything 3DS related... Not allowing anything to leak.....
OOOOOHHHHHH only if there was a leak... I'd drink from it like a fountain......
^Holy crap I was typing that!?!
---
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!
#25JalapenoPowerPosted 6/18/2010 6:35:53 PM
It would make sense because charging more than their flagship console costs for a handheld might be hard for a lot of customers to swallow

I really don't buy this. Direct comparisons between portable and home consoles are not that strong with consumers, definitelly not when Wii is going to be 5 years old and 3DS is going to be the biggest new hot thing. Hell, the average 3DS game might end up looking close to or better than the average Wii game.

The major point is that 3Ds has features that are going to be very hyped. Someone isn't going to say "yawn... I'll just get a Wii" when the Wii's features are going to be comparatively old/weak by that point.
---
This sentence no verb.
"Happiness is nature's way of telling human resources you're overpaid."
#26imaybePosted 6/18/2010 7:25:31 PM
Honestly, Nintendo has made enough of a profit from the DS and Wii that I wouldn't be surprised if the 3DS was just a little bit more then existing DS models.

I expect the 3DS to be huge... not even because of the 3D aspect of it, but it's just right place, right time... and the handful of killer apps as launch titles doesn't hurt its chances either...
#27VamphaeryPosted 6/18/2010 7:32:01 PM
You could be right, Angelo. My reason for suspecting this isn't based on an either/or proposition, though. It's based on the perception of the value of the system. A handheld, for most gamers - at least in my experience - just isn't as "complete" an experience as a console is. So it would seem somewhat counter-intuitive to customers, in my view at least, to have a handheld - no matter how feature rich - cost more than a still-popular, well-selling console that still has what many consider to be AAA titles being released for it.

I could be wrong, though.
#28jmeyer2039Posted 6/18/2010 7:35:52 PM
Yeah. 1) This is not an official statement from Nintendo. This is some cat's estimation. May or may not be accurate. 2) I don't see this iteration of the DS costing less than the DSi XL at launch. There is too much newer technology which I imagine doesn't come too cheap. I'm buying it regardless and could be wrong, but I was thinking between $200 and $250.
#29sackboypwnsall(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2010 7:51:47 PM
JUST NAME THE PRICE ALREADY NINTENDO!!!!!!
---
PSN:YOTESnintendo LBP everyday!
#30BigRappinMonkeyPosted 6/18/2010 8:02:08 PM
Considering that they could charge $250 for it and I would still buy it in a heartbeat, this could be very good news.
---
*insert witty sig here*