Sadley, i doubt i will be able to get this on day 1, or even week 1. :(

#1Ultima_Buster44Posted 6/18/2010 8:37:16 PM
Ill probly be trading in my DSi XL for it so i can get it sooner, and ill be saving my christmas cash (and birthday cash if its released after april). Ill probly get around 50-80 dollars around christmas from freinds + family, and around 50-80 dollars from my birthday from freinds and family. On top of my XL, do you think i can reasonably get it with a game or 2 at launch?
---
Not only does it suck, but it sucks for 2 AND A HALF HOURS. ~ Choco_hose on The Mist.
#2coller23Posted 6/18/2010 8:41:27 PM
if your unlucky it could be like the wii where it was sold out forever
---
Pokemon Soulsilver friend code- 3610-4839-6833
Interested in joining Big Mario Bros 4? Send a PM to Knuckles07!
#3jmeyer2039Posted 6/18/2010 8:41:59 PM
Probably. Try eBaying your XL. In my experience, Gamestop and the like never gives you what the item is really worth. They're in it to ultimately make money from the transaction, after all.

You could always, you know, work for whatever you're short by, if anything.
#4Apeman1813Posted 6/18/2010 8:45:57 PM
GameStop usually has better trade-in deals with the purchase of new consoles compared to trading it in normally. Who knows, maybe the deal could save you a hundred bucks?
---
No one agrees with you. This is GameFAQs. Even if people really do agree with you, they still don't. - Thunder_Armor
#5baudelairefanPosted 6/18/2010 8:56:16 PM
I'm assuming you're a kid because of the christmas cash thing. Ask your parents/guardians if there are any chores you can do around the house, or ask any neighbors you feel comfortable working for or any friends' parents. If you are really committed you could get enough money for the 3DS in a day or two assuming you're not getting gipped on your pay.

My dad loves to pay me 10$ an hour to do very easy work like mowing the lawn and cleaning etc.
---
Hmm, Lord Voldemort........wasnt he in Hufflepuff?~Shadow_StarWolf
NOT MY DAUGHTER, YOU *****!
#6Apeman1813Posted 6/18/2010 8:57:33 PM
Cut grass for neighbors. That's what I did when I was young lol
---
No one agrees with you. This is GameFAQs. Even if people really do agree with you, they still don't. - Thunder_Armor
#7Ultima_Buster44(Topic Creator)Posted 6/18/2010 9:01:05 PM
Im 17 -_- and i live in a rural area so its not exactly easy for me to get a job. Im in australia, so the 3DS will cost a heck alot more then in america. But my dsi traded in for 200 bucks when i get an XL. Im planning for my Xl to trade in for at least 150.
---
Not only does it suck, but it sucks for 2 AND A HALF HOURS. ~ Choco_hose on The Mist.
#8jmeyer2039Posted 6/18/2010 9:06:22 PM
Oh. Well, I don't know, but I wasn't necessarily recommending that you get a job job. What kind of advice would that be? You already know that that's how money is made.

But there's got to be something that you could do for someone who'd be willing to pay you for it. Hell, I'm 25 with two part time jobs, and I still occasionally ask for odd jobs when I need a little extra money. My parents do a lot of yard work at some parts of the year, some of it can take 3 days of work for an individual, that's the kind of thing I jump on since they are willing to pay me for it.
#9Gaming KingPosted 6/18/2010 9:08:30 PM
Haha, Australia. That explains it perfectly.

I was about to ask if you wore an orange coat and were named Kenny.
---
Number of people who would "totally [censored] Penny" from Advance Wars DOR: 14
Number of little girls I need to slap in the face: 2
#10MonopomanPosted 6/18/2010 9:10:41 PM
I remember how easily I got an original DS very near release day.