So I went to watch Toy Story 3 yesterday

#1SyntaxBananaZPosted 6/19/2010 4:18:52 AM
And I have to say, the 3D made watching the movie seem more natural compared to watching it in 2D. But after a while, the effect kind of wears off and you have to be reminded you're watching a 3D movie when they have 3D effects. And by that, I mean when things pop out at you. No I don't mean when someone sticks something in your face, just something more natural like scenery that seems real close to you are objects that give you a feel of depth.

I know that people say the 3DS is like looking out a window, I feel the same way watching TS3. But the thing is, things can pop out at you if they movie makers or game programmers make it pop out at you. So if the 3DS is anything like watching RealD 3D movies, I'll be thrilled when the 3DS comes out.
---
R.I.P Team Fortress 2 updates on the Xbox 360.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/03/steam-mac/
#2Infamously91Posted 6/19/2010 4:21:59 AM
3D just becomes more natural as you watch it..

In video games it will be much more apparent since we are actually immersed into the game and require feedback.. We will surely notice it while playing racers and such when it becomes beneficial to know the relevant distance of your car from another
---
Brian: "Well Stewie, if you don't like it, go on the internet and complain"
#3ViewtifulGenePosted 6/19/2010 4:24:58 AM
I'm guessing the 3D effect will only be surprising at first, then the viewer gets used to it. You don't see anybody still marveling at how many colors their TV has. But how many times have you heard somebody complain about an old movie like The Maltese Falcon just because it was in B&W?
---
You can wax on, wax off all you want. I'm still kickin' your ***.
#4SyntaxBananaZ(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 4:29:34 AM
Oh and I also want to say I hope this is the next step in TV's.

Black & White -> Color -> HD -> 3D

I think HD has been here long enough were people are used to it and agree HD quality is the way to go. I mean, it won't be long before every TV station is broadcast in HD and almost all videos on websites will be in HD (like YouTube). I think 3D will be the next step in quality.
---
R.I.P Team Fortress 2 updates on the Xbox 360.
http://www.wired.com/gamelife/2010/03/steam-mac/
#5MicellPosted 6/19/2010 4:48:19 AM
In the Iwata asks interview with Shigeru Miyamoto, Miyamoto says that the 3D makes orienting in the
world much easier. One example he gives is jumping on a pole in Mario 64, which is very difficult.
With the 3D effect it would be much easier to calculate the distance between you and the pole.
---
Orkz is made fer' two fings! Fightin', and winnin'!
WarioWare D.I.Y.: Name: Zork FC:4684-0941-9653
#6ZarafPosted 6/19/2010 4:56:15 AM
That's just human nature though. We quickly become bored with things as we get used to them. Unless we keep seeking out new reasons to like something, or take pleasure in the simple things, we become bored. Just how when a new console comes out, people rave about how amazing it is, but then soon that's over and it's just "normal". Then anything even slightly below that level is spat on.

Even this....as long as we don't have it, people will be amazed by it. Once we get it, we won't be. Ironic isn't it? We desire most that which we don't have...and once we have it, we no longer desire it.
---
When you find yourself the victim of other people's bitterness, ignorance, smallness or insecurities, remember, things could be worse - you could be them.
#7occonoPosted 6/19/2010 5:29:23 AM
Sky already has 3D TV channels in the UK and Ireland...not sure what they show though.
---
"In spite of language, in spite of intelligence and intuition and sympathy, one can never really communicate anything to anybody"-Aldous Huxley
#8samimckeePosted 6/19/2010 6:15:27 AM
So how was the movie? >.>
---
So bad, not even Naruto would believe it.
PSN ID- Webshot64
#9NormalCatPosted 6/19/2010 6:17:19 AM
As a Brit who doesn't get toy story 3 until the 23rd, this topic angers me.
---
DISCLAIMER - Arguing with the views presented in the post above this signature will result in you being publicly humiliated
#10papery0shi2Posted 6/19/2010 6:57:14 AM
The movie was great!!
---
Brawl FC- 3780- 8691-5039- Mist [( Mains- Yoshi, Bowser, Peach, Squirtle, Mario)]
Pokemon FC- 1547-9508-2200