Will the touch screen have multi-touch?

#1Thirsty MonkeyPosted 6/19/2010 8:23:38 AM
I would hope so. I think Nintendo would make a big mistake leaving this out.
---
Wii now present Nintendomination through Double Success.
#2Apeman1813Posted 6/19/2010 8:27:02 AM
What's the point? They're aren't gonna give us two styli and you have to hold the system with one hand anyways.
---
They lured the other two with the idea of casual games being all the rage, then when they fell for it, BAM, hardcore games out the ass. - Zanbi's thoughts on E3
#3TorchicBlazikenPosted 6/19/2010 8:28:31 AM
Well, with all these buttons there would have to be a lot of controls in a game for it to need it.
#4Thirsty Monkey(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 7:55:59 PM
You are thinking too narrow-mindedly. The touch screen doesn't necessarily have to be used for controls. Just think of the iPhone and how you can use two fingers to zoom in or out. Multi-touch is useful. Even if it's doesn't get used in a lot of games, it has a lot of potential.
---
Wii now present Nintendomination through Double Success.
#5fire2boxPosted 6/19/2010 7:59:24 PM
multi-touch screen/processing would just make the 3DS cost more and everyone's pretty much agreeing we will see a 200 dollar lauch price point.. or possibly even higher. More then multi-touch I would prefer better outer facing cameras.
#6Frost_shock_FTWPosted 6/19/2010 8:01:48 PM
Nintendo could add in multi-touch without raising the price. It's everywhere now.

The problem is the DS screen is designed to be used with a stylus whereas phones are meant to have your fingers all over them and are nigh impossible to scratch. That, and I don't want my beautiful DS screen covered in fingerprint smudges.
---
I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, me wumbo. Wumboing, wumbology, the study of wumbo? It's first grade Spongebob!
Contacts in Profile
#7dragonwing629Posted 6/19/2010 8:10:57 PM
No, but I don't think it's a big deal to be honest.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/33oilvq.jpg
#8baron_von_baronPosted 6/19/2010 8:33:48 PM
i really hope nintendo put a capacitive touch screen at least, so that i dont have to pull out my stylus even for a simple menu tap and have it respond well
---
GT: SeveringGecko
PS3 network tag: DethGecko
#9L0L_FAQPosted 6/19/2010 10:17:50 PM
Don't be daft. I don't care if you think it is useful or not, capacitive screens are unnecessarily sensitive and a multitouch display is UNNECESSARY. Just because a technology EXISTS doesn't mean it HAS to be tacked on (inb43D)
---
"SS sucks. They should've called it "A Split Second" instead so it could be aptly abbreviated ASS."- Million Eyes