Will the touch screen have multi-touch?

• Topic Archived
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Will the touch screen have multi-touch?
6 years ago#1
I would hope so. I think Nintendo would make a big mistake leaving this out.
Wii now present Nintendomination through Double Success.
6 years ago#2
What's the point? They're aren't gonna give us two styli and you have to hold the system with one hand anyways.
They lured the other two with the idea of casual games being all the rage, then when they fell for it, BAM, hardcore games out the ass. - Zanbi's thoughts on E3
6 years ago#3
Well, with all these buttons there would have to be a lot of controls in a game for it to need it.
6 years ago#4
You are thinking too narrow-mindedly. The touch screen doesn't necessarily have to be used for controls. Just think of the iPhone and how you can use two fingers to zoom in or out. Multi-touch is useful. Even if it's doesn't get used in a lot of games, it has a lot of potential.
Wii now present Nintendomination through Double Success.
6 years ago#5
multi-touch screen/processing would just make the 3DS cost more and everyone's pretty much agreeing we will see a 200 dollar lauch price point.. or possibly even higher. More then multi-touch I would prefer better outer facing cameras.
6 years ago#6
Nintendo could add in multi-touch without raising the price. It's everywhere now.

The problem is the DS screen is designed to be used with a stylus whereas phones are meant to have your fingers all over them and are nigh impossible to scratch. That, and I don't want my beautiful DS screen covered in fingerprint smudges.
I wumbo, you wumbo, he, she, me wumbo. Wumboing, wumbology, the study of wumbo? It's first grade Spongebob!
Contacts in Profile
6 years ago#7
No, but I don't think it's a big deal to be honest.
http://i48.tinypic.com/33oilvq.jpg
6 years ago#8
i really hope nintendo put a capacitive touch screen at least, so that i dont have to pull out my stylus even for a simple menu tap and have it respond well
GT: SeveringGecko
PS3 network tag: DethGecko
6 years ago#9
Don't be daft. I don't care if you think it is useful or not, capacitive screens are unnecessarily sensitive and a multitouch display is UNNECESSARY. Just because a technology EXISTS doesn't mean it HAS to be tacked on (inb43D)
"SS sucks. They should've called it "A Split Second" instead so it could be aptly abbreviated ASS."- Million Eyes
  1. Boards
  2. Nintendo 3DS
  3. Will the touch screen have multi-touch?

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived