To say that nintendo SHOULDN'T revamp the online system for the 3DS generation..

#1PlatinumAcePosted 6/19/2010 8:53:40 AM
and that the current method is acceptable (ive heard people say better than the competitors. wtf? -_-), is just blind fanboyism.

its 2010. new handheld, new generation on the horizon. with all the talk of the 3DS comes talk of new great games, hardware, and speculation. but there is another aspect that nintendo needs to address: online gaming. it [should be] is common knowledge that the Nintendo Wifi Connection of the Wii and DS era was vastly inferior to the likes of Sony's PSN and Microsoft's LIVE. for the DS, sure it was understandable; older hardware and weaker and everything. but for the Wii, it was just sad. it all stemmed back to nintendo screwing themselves from the start with the Wii's technology. whether you like the system or not, you can't say it was powerful, or versatile on its insides. which made it harder for developers to do as much as possible for their games. if you were ever on the HB scene, then you may have read this article. goes into some detail:

http://hackmii.com/2009/02/why-the-wii-will-never-get-any-better/

Now anyway, my main point is that for this coming generation, theres no excuse for nintendo to take pointers from MS and Sony, and create a much better online network. i'm talking universal friends, voice chat, games that run better online, patches/updates, etc. this is nintendo, they have the money to get the technology needed, AND still make it free like PSN.

some of you may argue that things like wii speak and such suffice for the things i requested. that would be false. due to the wii's hardware, wii speak couldnt even be used with older games. and last time i checked, there were only like 3 games that use it. also due to the hardware, nintendo was never really able to ACTUALLY update the system. the wii UI we have now cannot be changed or revamped at all. they can't truly patch their games either. last i remember, all those "system updates" that didnt really even outline improvements were all just stabs at the Homebrew community.

now some of you are going to say that nintendo, especially their handhelds, are all about single player. i somewhat agree on the latter (handhelds), but that doesnt mean games like MPH or MKDS, or Pokemon won't come along that have a huge multiplayer aspect. just because a system has an online network like LIVE or PSN doesnt mean developers cant make solely singleplayer experiences. check out games like Heavy Rain and Alan Wake. VERY recent games that focus on single player. and thanks to the respective online systems, additional content can be distributed, as well as patches for bugs and glitches. keep in mind that there are also 3rd parties with games such as CoD that make games for wii. i know some of you loved WaW and Reflex. imagine if we had a network on par with the others? we'd have even better games.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#2MrBanballowPosted 6/19/2010 8:55:05 AM
I'd be happy with just a Universal Friend's List...
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#3PlatinumAce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 9:49:16 AM
ba-bump.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#4Random_GhostPosted 6/19/2010 10:05:53 AM
theres no excuse for nintendo to take pointers from MS and Sony, and create a much better online network.

Agreed.

inb4fix
inb4flames
---
"My own way is my own way. Nothing else can change that."
Number of people who have copied this signature: 42
#5jakestar0306Posted 6/19/2010 10:13:39 AM
Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to troll about it. Everyone knows it's bad, and no one's saying it needs to be the same. So what's the point of this topic? Besides, that link is from HackMii, which is a site dedicated to Wii hacking, so of course they would complain about the Wii. So you fail.
---
WarioWare DIY FC: 0389-1193-3026
Wii FC: 3307 2573 3798 6871
#6PlatinumAce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 10:20:47 AM

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean you have to troll about it. Everyone knows it's bad, and no one's saying it needs to be the same. So what's the point of this topic? Besides, that link is from HackMii, which is a site dedicated to Wii hacking, so of course they would complain about the Wii. So you fail.

so now i'm a troll because i brought up a legitimate issue that, in the face of a new coming generation, has never been more appropriate to discuss? okaaaayyyy. sure.

and its not that im coming along saying "ohhh nintendo sucks i hate it" i was a wii only user up till last christmas, and i loved the more up to date experiences CoD:reflex and the like gave me. im just saying that it needs to be improved. you say "everyone knows its bad," but some people on this board said that its fine, or no one cares, or that its not necessary.

and the link? tell me who else would know better why nintendo CANT improve on this current generation than hackers. they know the insides and outs of the system, and what it can and cannot do, and why. that link is probably the best explanation to why we havent seen much from them.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#7PSI_GroundPosted 6/19/2010 11:00:47 AM
FC's don't bother me. It's just a 12-digit code you enter once for a person and never bother with again.
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#8PSI_GroundPosted 6/19/2010 11:01:28 AM
Oh and I don't care if they change it
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#9MonkeymascotPosted 6/19/2010 11:03:58 AM
Trolling is intentionally trying to annoy people. Just because someone has an opinion you disagree with, it doesn't make them a troll.

I agree that the online needs a big improvement.
#10FlipManV3Posted 6/19/2010 11:16:24 AM
Even SSBB had lag when I'm playing my cousin 10 miles away 1 vs. 1.
Yeah. Pretty much all Nintendo online games had noticeable lag or was messed up in one reason or another.

How much power could an online handheld deliver?
I've never played PSP online, how is that compared to PSN/Live?

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
Waiting for: Ummm..Gears of War 3?