To say that nintendo SHOULDN'T revamp the online system for the 3DS generation..

#11VamphaeryPosted 6/19/2010 10:21:43 AM
If they actually announce the elimination of friend codes, and a free, universal network for 3DS that makes starting games easy and seamless, I would actually pay more than $199.99 for it (which currently I will not.)
#12PlatinumAce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 11:48:29 AM

If they actually announce the elimination of friend codes, and a free, universal network for 3DS that makes starting games easy and seamless, I would actually pay more than $199.99 for it (which currently I will not.)

ive said this alot, but i wouldnt expect it to be worth anything less than that.
and yeah i would gladly pay up too!

Trolling is intentionally trying to annoy people. Just because someone has an opinion you disagree with, it doesn't make them a troll.

I agree that the online needs a big improvement.

thanks.

FC's don't bother me. It's just a 12-digit code you enter once for a person and never bother with again.

but you have to do it for ALL of your games. whereas in Live/PSN, you just add a friend and thats it. its universal across all games.

Even SSBB had lag when I'm playing my cousin 10 miles away 1 vs. 1.
Yeah. Pretty much all Nintendo online games had noticeable lag or was messed up in one reason or another.

How much power could an online handheld deliver?
I've never played PSP online, how is that compared to PSN/Live?

i guess i shoulda made it more clear what i meant. i cant really say im expecting 3DS to be on par with consoles when it comes to online gaming, but i mean nintendo's next generation online system in general. nintendo WFC spans the DS and wii. so i mean the new network that would span the DS and whatever the next home console is. while the DS could be improved, i cant say i expect a full blown experience. and i havent had much experience with PSP either, so i cant say, sorry. and yeah, nintendo needs to beef up their servers -_- the lag was pretty bad with Brawl.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#13Platinum_LuigiPosted 6/19/2010 11:56:21 AM
That I can agree with. It's not like were asking for much.
---
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code-2235 3349 1701
#14D NycePosted 6/19/2010 12:11:48 PM
With some of the specs that they're boasting for the 3DS, there is absolutely no reason for them not to incorporate a fully fleshed out online experience for the 3DS. I mean within recent revisions of the DS, we've made it to downloadable games/apps. These downloads can also connect to the internet. I'm sick of playing Nintendo games online for a silly leaderboard. Leaderboards aren't even supported in all of their online games, just a few.

They've already stated that they don't plan on loosing money on each 3DS unit sold, so don't half ass. If they're going to charge us more than $200 for this new system, then don't skimp on features. Hell if the core will pay more than $200 for it, then we will also pay for an online subscription. The only people who won't pay for it are those that don't care for online multiplayer much, and I think it's only fair.

And get rid of the damn friendcodes. It actually hinders online play, remember when they first released the Wii? Some people added each others friend codes and weren't on each other's lists for a day! That's ridiculous!

In all, the system has plenty capabilities to support a multitude of online options. Don't eff this up Nintendo. If we have to pay more for this than the last DS at launch, don't screw us over with padded features.
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#15jakestar0306Posted 6/19/2010 12:56:39 PM
Trolling is intentionally trying to annoy people. Just because someone has an opinion you disagree with, it doesn't make them a troll.

I never said I disagreed. In fact, I agree completely. It's just that complaining about something like this is so obvious, it's like saying "The 3DS needs to have good games!" No one's going to disagree with you because there's nothing to disagree about! So there's no point in making a topic about it!
---
WarioWare DIY FC: 0389-1193-3026
Wii FC: 3307 2573 3798 6871
#16abort_missionPosted 6/23/2010 8:09:08 PM
I'd be happy with just a Universal Friend's List...

^THIS THIS THIS!

also it the friends list should carry over to whatever future nintendo systems come out. if people are worried about children you can still protect children with a UFL. just add age restrictions in the parental controls that minimize online interactions and restrict the kind of content they can access and the people they can meet. do things like disable voice chat for minors or dont allow them to make random friends or send information to strangers. hide their ID from the public. etc.

friend codes are a pain in the ass to everyone. to make matters worse a huge group of people exchange FCs to complete strangers on message boards just so they can experience the online multiplayer aspects of games. this is especially true when a person doesnt know any friends with the same game but still enjoy the multiplayer. some of these people are probably kids. some are older gamers. and some are probably the sort of people friend codes are supposed to keep away from your kids. theres no way to know. FCs are just not a good system.
---
"i've fallen in the pool!"