ITT, we create an online infrastructure/interface for the 3DS.

#1D NycePosted 6/19/2010 8:49:29 AM
Warning my post is long. I know some of you guys are sleep walking right now.

I think Nintendo should keep their current scheme that started with NWC. White and Blue. Hell, they can still use FC, but instead tie them to an avatar or user name of some sorts, and that name can only be used with that FC. Somewhat like XBL, or similar to the way PSO uses player id's and names. We should be able to search for our friends by name, then choose the person we are looking for by avatar. Since we have to request them first, we send our avatar to them, which includes our viewable saves (more below), user name, and friend code. Boom. Instant adds.

There are some who would like an achievement system, I also think it should be implemented but with some Nintendo Style. I stated in another topic that Nintendo should let players view each others save files. Within these files, each developer/publisher can set their own achievements that can be viewed by people on a players friendlist. For instance, if they make a SSB3DS, you could look at a friends save file and view trophies that he has collect within the game. As well as game replays, notifications (you've unlocked luigi!), screenshots, and stats (playtime, favorite character, damage dealt etc..). You know the Stars List from Mario Games? Make it viewable online so your friends can see how far you've gotten. Let us set challenges for each other. Outside of MK ghost data, we should be able to set competitive speed runs, since the games measure time within the cartridges themselves, you won't have to worry about cheating. Make it easy to set up online tournaments, and invite who we want from our friends/rivals list.

I don't think they should limit themselves by using coins/stars for achievements. It may get bland and seem like a straight rip from MS online interface.

The interface itself should have multiple control options, such as using the gyroscope to tilt the 3DS, and choose menu options. Since Nintendogs+Cats can track head movements, give us the ability to nod/shake our heads for confirm/deny screens. Also tie 3D into the GUI itself. Let us use our own 3D picture we've taken, or 3D images supplied by Nintendo and publishers/developers. 100% save file completions can give us special avatars to use. Or, we can draw our avatars thanks to the touchscreen.

For messaging conveniences, I think we should have plain ol text chat and voice chat out of the box. Make video chat a full fledged download app. We can't have 3D video chat, since we only see one camera on the play side of the console. Text messaging should be usable at all times to contact other players, since we now have an ingame home menu it would seem possible. Also, the home screen should have a ticker across the bottom or the top that displays what you're online friends are playing/doing. This way, you don't have to jump to your friendslist to find the action.

Nintendo should also update the system with worthy updates. If MP3/FLV/MP4 codecs get better, give us the codecs so we can continue to watch video online. Update the browser frequently as well, since the internet is changing so much. Hell, they could actually start Web 3.0 before anybody else, since we now have 3D that's cheap and easy to obtain. Websites built specifically for 3D parralex barrier screens.

There's tons more, but my brain hurts from storming. Please, whatever you do have fun. Add on, or create a whole new idea. That's what this topic is for.
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#2PlatinumAcePosted 6/19/2010 8:53:59 AM
ORRR we could have posted in PlatinumAce's topic discussing the online matter.
haha. but this goes into more detail about how it should actually play out. skimming this, there are some pretty good ideas.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#3D Nyce(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 10:58:29 AM
Heh sorry, didn't know you started this topic already.

Thanks, glad you like them. I'll check your topic out too.
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#4PlatinumAcePosted 6/19/2010 11:48:50 AM
bump for TC.
---
Top ******* Percentage.