Just had an idea for 3DS Pokemon.

#1georgethecow4Posted 6/19/2010 12:02:07 PM
Alright, so you know how the 3DS stays connected to other 3DS's and the internet 24/7 (provided you have it on in that time)? Well, what if this feature was used to trade Pokemon? For instance, say you have a Seviper and you want a Zangoose. You could set your Seviper in a GTS-type thing, and then it would add that to the list of connections your 3DS can make. Then let's say you walk near someone with a Zangoose who wants a Seviper. Your 3DS could instantly make the trade with theirs, so that when you open your 3DS and play Pokemon, the trade has already been completed. How would you like that in the new game?
---
I survived the Wario, Ganondorf, and MOJO!! incidents!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Ww3lYYgDs < My YouTube show. Watch it and rate!
#2Pat_DudePosted 6/19/2010 12:04:43 PM
Sure why not? Automatic real-life trades FTW.
---
Not changing signature until Montreal Canadiens win the Stanley Cup.
Started 11/23/09. See quote.
#3mrfatcatPosted 6/19/2010 12:13:07 PM
How about you can change it around for a trade, so that you have a chance of getting a different Pokemon?

Example:

You want a Bidoof, a Ratata, a Sentret, or a Zigzagoon. You're offering a Starly. The other person wants a Starly, a Pidgey, a Hoot-Hoot, or a Spearow. They're offering a Sentret. The systems sees that you have matching trades, and it trades them.

---
Advertising a MMO: Minecraft.net
It there a problem?
#4MrBanballowPosted 6/19/2010 12:14:30 PM
Only if you can set conditions for the trade to go through. I wouldn't want my 3DS to trade off a high level Pokemon for a Lv 2 one without my knowledge.
---
Not changing this sig until Another Code R (Wii) is announced for the US.
Started: October 5, 2008
#5XentusPosted 6/19/2010 12:15:09 PM
That would be the best thing since the GTS itself!
---
According to my calculations, you've got 11 grandparents and one of them is your son.---Mikey_Wolf
Jesus freaks Unite!
#6chinezekid1Posted 6/19/2010 12:16:44 PM

How about you can change it around for a trade, so that you have a chance of getting a different Pokemon?

Example:

You want a Bidoof, a Ratata, a Sentret, or a Zigzagoon. You're offering a Starly. The other person wants a Starly, a Pidgey, a Hoot-Hoot, or a Spearow. They're offering a Sentret. The systems sees that you have matching trades, and it trades them.

i really dont see why they dont have this already...
---
SoulSilver FC: 2321 9086 3431 (i've gotta' golden ticket!)
Sup, I'm toxic. PSBG badges- 1 main, 0 side
#7VamphaeryPosted 6/19/2010 12:22:53 PM
On the gameplay side, when capturing a pokemon, it would be cool (in my imagination at least lol) to see the game zoom to a semi-first person perspective, where all you can see is your hand, the pokeball, and the pokemon in the background. You would then aim with the stylus and press a button to throw the ball, and your accuracy (the pokemon could move around slightly) could determine the probability of a successful capture.

Just thinking about the 3D effect. We would really have a sense of the ball being thrown and traveling away from us toward the pokemon.
#8georgethecow4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 2:06:15 PM

Example:

Actually, that is a GREAT idea! I was wondering how to work around the fact that there's a low probability of finding another person who matches your trade perfectly. And yes, there would have to be level restrictions and everything. Hm...you know, I can see alot of possiblities with this. We should e-mail it to Nintendo.

---
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H5Ww3lYYgDs < My YouTube show. Watch it and rate!
#9FlipManV3Posted 6/19/2010 2:11:34 PM
I have a better chance of winning the lottery.
>_>

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
Waiting for: Ummm..Gears of War 3?
#10georgethecow4(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 2:48:00 PM
Maybe so. Although winning the lottery would be awesome, you agree?
---