Analyze A Feature: 3D Slider

#1AsdfYunsungfdsAPosted 6/19/2010 12:47:21 PM
Every day, we'll analyze a different feature of the 3DS, first up is the 3D slider.

For those who don't know, the 3D slider is a "slider" on the side of the 3DS that controls the intensity of the 3D effect.

Personally, I'll have fun sliding it all the way up and back down really fast and seeing the graphics "pop".
---
I don't have anything to put here...
#2sontendofanPosted 6/19/2010 12:48:03 PM
I'm always going to have it high.
---
Help me get my power level over 9000! (each person can give me 30 at most) So Far: 281
Hihidurama will Fire Punch you in the face
#3AsdfYunsungfdsA(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 12:49:56 PM
Depending on the sensitivity to face angle (the current 3DS' require you to keep it at a constant angle or else the effect will smear) I might or might not keep it high. If they improve it using the gyro-sensor (Nintendo knows about the smearing problem and says they are currently trying to perfect it), I'll probably keep it high.
---
#4mrfatcatPosted 6/19/2010 12:50:06 PM
I'm going to mess with it like the TC said, and probably keep it on high. If my eyes hurt I'll turn it down a bit.

---
Advertising a MMO: Minecraft.net
It there a problem?
#5ozfunghiPosted 6/19/2010 1:07:17 PM
How is this "analyzing a feature".

Anyway. I think the slider will influence the distance of the ingame camera's from each other. If the cameras go further apart, the effect will increase, if the camera's are closer to each other, the 3D effect will lessen to the point where they overlap and have offer no sense of depth (like looking through one eye).

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#6FlipManV3Posted 6/19/2010 1:10:05 PM
Probably be medium for me, depending on how it actually looks.

High seems like the one to use if you're playing at "stomach" distance while sitting down.
Medium is probably chest-high.

While low is if you just feel damn dizzy or what game you are playing. I would keep RE on medium while AC on low.

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
Waiting for: Ummm..Gears of War 3?
#7ElyxardPosted 6/19/2010 1:40:44 PM
After playing it first hand, I couldn't stop myself from playing with the slider over and over again. It's really cool.
#8AsdfYunsungfdsA(Topic Creator)Posted 6/19/2010 1:48:57 PM
@oz

Analyzing in the sense of predicting how we'd utilize it.
---
#9KogaSteelfangPosted 6/19/2010 1:52:00 PM
I'll probably keep it off most of the time. Sure I'm excited about it, and I'll likely play with it on always at first. But eventually I'll just set it to off and play normally until a cutscene or something. Then I'll switch it back on.
---
Supported by wings of faith, Wielding a sword of light.
I am a believer.
#10RayHorakPosted 6/19/2010 1:58:29 PM
One at E3 tried rapidly sliding the 3D slider up and down to test the effect. He reportedly had a 3 day eye ache.
Also viewing from a non sweet-spot angle can cause quite a few difficulties.

So don't mess with the slider.