I checked EBGames for pricing...

#31BurgerTime79Posted 6/19/2010 11:14:52 PM

oh for ****s sake get off your high horse. $300 is too much for a portable system. not everyone wants to have to use money they could be spending on important stuff (food, rent, dates) to save up for a ds.

There's no high horse. If you don't want to spend $300 (I'll remind you we still don't know the price of the system) then you're entitled to not spend that. It's the whole entitlement mentality that too many gamers have now where they think everything is too expensive and blindly announce how things where cheaper in the old days of gaming. We have a piece of technology going into this system that no one else is using right now, and the majority seem to be saying "I want it cheap!". Sorry, but technology doesn't work that way. Blu-ray players were going for almost $1K at the time the PS3 launched for $400 less and were being sold at a loss by Sony. Yet everyone cried about how the system was too expensive.
High horse? I couldn't get one at launch either, but I didn't make the message boards look like a typed version of a nursery like a lot of people still do. If I was waving my money in your face and saying how I could afford everything that you couldn't, then yeah, I'd be on a high horse. I could of saved up for the system, as I explained how to do for the 3DS, but I wasn't in a position to do so at the time.
If you (everyone in general) are willing to spend it, and you have the means to save up $300 within the next 5-6 months without putting yourself in a financial situation with other obligations, then there should be no complaints. I'm not debating over someone's choice of what they do and don't want to spend.
---
"The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC." -Phil Harrison
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152133.html