Why are people *****ing at ports of fantastic games?

#1Grunt40Posted 6/19/2010 7:31:38 PM
Even then, it's like... 3 ports announced at this point?

OoT
Star Fox 64
MGS3 (which was a tech demo, not even sure if it will be a full game)

I've wanted OoT on a portable for the LONGEST time and now we finally have it. I can't seem to understand why people get pissed off that ports of some great games are coming to a portable.
---
3DS is going to be the best portable ever and hopefully one of the best consoles ever.
#2RayHorakPosted 6/19/2010 7:33:33 PM
Some seem to think the same time and resources could be spend on creating entirely new games, instead of the same game they have played time and time again.

But personally I don't mind ports, as long as we get enough new games as well.
#3BurgerTime79Posted 6/19/2010 7:38:08 PM
At launch and a few months after it's reasonable to have a couple ports out there to bring in the people, but after that ports should be more of of something that doesn't prevent newer titles or franchises from coming out. Ports can also be helpful for a company to test out the system they're porting the game to.

However, I'm sick of people demanding ports or remakes of games as if they're lives depend on a newer version of their favorite reaching their eyeballs. The winds blow just right for One Winged Angel to each the ears of an FFVII fan, and he/she will suddenly scream out that a 0.0000001% chance is still a chance of seeing a remake.
---
"The PlayStation 3 is a computer. We do not need the PC." -Phil Harrison
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6152133.html
#4summerclawPosted 6/19/2010 7:42:24 PM
Hey as long as they are enchanced then I don't mind. I would personally love to see some Dreamcast games in here, specially Grandia 2 and Sonic Adventure 2.
---
No Signature for now.
#5plagamesforevaPosted 6/19/2010 7:44:33 PM
OOT is the one game I ALWAYS wanted as a port/remake to a PORTABLE handheld and now my wish has come true. Believe me, I want new games, but who can really argue about having a portable OOT ENAHNCED right in the palm of your hands??? Who in their right mind would complain about that?
---
CAPCOM needs to make a third Capcom Classics Collection (Include Super Street Fighter II), Mega Man: Powered Up 2 & Mega Man: Powered Up 3 for the PSP!
#6PlatinumAcePosted 6/19/2010 7:48:40 PM
I agree that we have awesome games coming. and ports/remakes are perfect for launching new systems. the familiar faces bring in customers, and move units. it also gives developers a chance to test new hardware.

after launch though, i expect the ports to move out of the spotlight and make way for brand new games and franchises.
---
Top ******* Percentage.
#7MarsulasPosted 6/19/2010 7:57:08 PM
The thing I dont mind about ports is that I didn't play OoT 500 times when I was a kid. I played and beat the game like twice.....and then that was it. If a game has no multiplayer I see no reason why anyone with a semblance of a realworld life would want to play the same game over and over again.
---
Preferred Genre: 2D & 3D Platformers.
Epic Mickey, Kirby Epic Yarn, DKCR, SMG2, NSMBWii......mmmmmm.
#8DarkShadowRagePosted 6/19/2010 8:02:53 PM
OoT isnt a port it's a full fledged remake
---
|Proud owner of a Nintendo Wii 04/07/07|A big time Samus Fan|Conduit name: (Shadow)
#9VamphaeryPosted 6/19/2010 8:05:47 PM
Personally, I'm extremely ecstatic at the prospect of playing some of my most beloved classic games in stereoscopic. That alone is worth re-visiting them in my opinion, but when I add to that the visual and in some instances gameplay tweaks, AND the fact that I can play them ANYWHERE, I become extremely accepting of these remakes lol.

They don't end there, either. They've confirmed that we'll get TLoZ, Metroid, Punch Out, and other old school games made over for the 3DS in some form or another.
#10PSI_GroundPosted 6/19/2010 8:11:02 PM
Kojima confirmed MGS 3D is is "Secret project".
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880