Nintendo is pushing all competetors out of the market.

#21MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/20/2010 11:35:15 AM
I wasn't exactly replying all of that to you. That was just what sparked it. And I agree, my logic probably sucks, because the only non-Nintendo console I've had is a PS2.

Stupid people need to vent, too.
---
Official priest of the Great Church of Bidoof on the B/W boards. Herp Derp, master.
#22VanorPosted 6/20/2010 11:41:36 AM
There's really no such thing as casual gaming. Nintendo doesn't refer to the Expanded Market as "casual gamers". They don't do market segmentation. They try to make their games appeal to as many people as possible. Right now everyone is pretty excited for the new DKC. Both Core and Expanded Market gamers are excited for it. This would be Nintendo making a game to have as broad appeal as possible. Neither Sony or Microsoft or most of the game industry understand this. They try to make "casual games" to appeal to "casual gamers" but the Expanded Market realizes these are crappy games made with the thought that they are morons who will buy anything. Which is completely wrong, and blew up in the game industry's face, and yet they continue to squawk about how they're trying to appeal to the "casual gamers" with Kinect and Move.

Isn't the textbook definition of insanity is trying to do the same thing over again and expecting a different result each time?
---
I FAILED PINEAPPLE!
#23Darth_VadervPosted 6/20/2010 2:03:53 PM
Vanor hit the nail on the head....

Nintendo tries to appeal to everyone. The crappy "casual" failure games appeal to only casuals and are made badly and so they fail....