I hope they make that joystick thing durable.

#11Baby KirbyPosted 6/20/2010 9:15:28 AM
Yeah, but the problem I'm talking about happens after months. People who have had it for five seconds, or five minutes wouldn't know.

Kinda like how they didn't know how dust gets stuck in the R and L buttons of DS Lites, and causes them to stop working.
---
Kirby with a blue hat. Watch out he spits. I used to have a right thumb, but it left. Check the instruction manual before you ask a question. It saves time.
#12doomedchocolatePosted 6/20/2010 9:20:59 AM
This joystick durability problem isn't limited to handhelds, though. N64 and Gamecube sticks lose their sensitivity over time if you let too much dirt build inside. I'm not sure about PS2 or Xbox because it hasn't happened to me, but I'm sure it's possible.
#13Baby KirbyPosted 6/20/2010 9:24:07 AM
True about loss of sensitivity, but I'm 100% cool with that. My N64 joystick still centers, even if it's much less sensitive

It's when the joystick is making me move when I'm not touching it, (and I plugged it in a neutral position in the case of console games) that I get worried.
---
Kirby with a blue hat. Watch out he spits. I used to have a right thumb, but it left. Check the instruction manual before you ask a question. It saves time.