I once was lost but now am found. Nintendo has reclaimed a lost son!

#1AntoineCoyotePosted 6/20/2010 9:24:16 AM
Quick recap

Age 2 - I am captivated by Super Mario bros, Duck Hunt, and Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles on the NES

Age 5 - I receive my first SNES. I'm hooked to the Donkey Kong series and Yoshi's Island like crack. Despite highly enjoying Super Mario RPG its slightly bit too complex for me at the age to fully enjoy the game (along with Breath of fire)

Age 9 - I use my birthday and Christmas money to buy an N64. Aside from Starfox 64 and Rare's catalog my selection of Nintendo first party titles is limited. Also highly enjoy Rogue Squadron.

Age 12-13 - After viewing Gamecube's launch titles I become disheartened. I am growing up and am becoming interested in intense action, badassery, and violence. I am turned off by the likes of Pikmin, Animal Crossing, Super Monkey Ball etc. Rogue Squadron 2 is the only title capturing my eye. On the other hand PS2 can play CDs, DVDs, and has Medal of Honor, Metal Gear Solid 2, Devil May Cry, Grand Theft Auto 3 etc. Nintendo has failed to bring me back for another gen and I turn to a PS2. I have wandered astray from the flock.

^ above view intensifies and I become increasingly infuriated with the announcement of the Wii and how it appears to be a joke console.

Oh, how I have fallen astray from my old hero Nintendo, but the other day with the announcement of the 3DS my spark of hope was reignited. What's this they say? A 3D DS with graphical capabilities on par with the Gamecube? And what more? A slew of N64 remakes!? Super Mario 64? Zelda OoT!? Paper Mario? And a Resident Evil and MGS title! I generally bash Nintendo for their paltry remakes and rehashes (oh please a basic port of Pikmin to the Wii with nothing added but waggle controls?) but that hit me hard with a Nostalgia bomb.

Hard enough for me to forgive my child hood heroes for alienating me with their Wii Musics and Wii sports and gimmicky waggle controls and infinite yearly releases of Mario Party. So here I am, follow Ninten... whatever we call fans of Nintendo... to announce that Nintendo has reclaimed a lost son :D

---
@!#$% the P O W you're staying here to play kick ball god damn it.
#2mrfatcatPosted 6/20/2010 9:26:31 AM
Get a Wii. Not being fan-boyish, but it has a bunch of games for the nostalgia factor. As well you can get those few gamecube games you wanted for it.

But many hardcore gamers are loving the 3DS for this reason. It's just delivering to the older gamers.

---
Advertising a MMO: Minecraft.net
It there a problem?
#3IntervenientPosted 6/20/2010 9:30:08 AM
Not me yet. Sold my DS earlier this year because the games (putting up my flame shield) were crap, and my Wii collects dust for the most part. Games are expensive too.
---
"I already had a threesome. Extremely overrated and I'm a bit of the jealous type. I like to know its me pleasing the chick I'm with." - Draje
#4DAVID_KINGPosted 6/20/2010 9:32:13 AM
I don't really get it. I am an older gamer and have fond memories of those old games they are remaking too. But what is the big deal? I played those games millions of times already over 10 years ago. I would rather have new content. I would like to own these remakes sure, but the price better be right is all I have to say.
#5AntoineCoyote(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2010 11:56:55 AM
^ Well I never played Zelda OoT and only ever got half way through with SM64. Those will still be at least half way new to me and I never played a Paper Mario and haven't played MK since N64. And having seen footage of that MGS3 game, pretty impressive graphical capabilities.
---
@!#$% the P O W you're staying here to play kick ball god damn it.
#6RelixedPosted 6/22/2010 1:00:53 PM

So here I am, follow Ninten... whatever we call fans of Nintendo...

Drones.

And Gamecube had greats games, even at launch.

---
First 500 topic posted on 5/30/2008 7:42:30 PM and it lived till 4/17/2010 8:36:50 AM. In total it lived 686 days, 12 hours, 54 minutes and 20 seconds.
#7MasterOtenkoPosted 6/22/2010 1:04:47 PM
I feel nearly the exact same way, the only difference being that I loved the Cube.
---
Unyu! Unya!
#8Spartan037Posted 6/22/2010 1:08:53 PM
Paper Mario isn't a remake, it's a new game.

At least that's my understanding of it. And yes, all the remakes and what not have me pumped for the 3DS too.
#9MetaKirbyFanPosted 6/22/2010 2:03:48 PM
Super Mario 64? Zelda OoT!? Paper Mario?

That was for the regular DS. And Paper Mario is a new game. But yes, I too am excited.
---
Official priest of the Great Church of Bidoof on the B/W boards. Herp Derp, master.
#10Megaman OmegaPosted 6/22/2010 2:47:22 PM

Hard enough for me to forgive my child hood heroes for alienating me with their Wii Musics and Wii sports and gimmicky waggle controls and infinite yearly releases of Mario Party. So here I am, follow Ninten... whatever we call fans of Nintendo... to announce that Nintendo has reclaimed a lost son :D

Just saying, you're not the only one to dislike these. Games like Wii Music and Wii Sports are aimed at a different target group. Let that Wii Sports collect dust, and Wii Play is just a little gimmick. It's the same with the DS. There are tons of My Pet Pony and Animal Paradise out there, but who cares?

Just get the games you care about (for the Wii that's going to be the likes of New Super Mario Bros, Smash Bros: Brawl, Super Mario Galaxy 1&2, Donkey Kong Country Returns) and forget about all the "Family Games". That's what everyone else here does, too.
---
Official Vaporeon of the B/W Boards
Proud member of M.U.K.