This pretty much means that "book style" games are dead.

#21FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 10:55:21 PM

Having the exact same thing as before, except with better graphics and bigger screens is death? All it means is book style games won't be using 3D, the option is still there just with regular graphics.

Anything before will basically just be the DS aside from better graphics. I actually don't know any book style games that really used amazing graphics(except Ninja Gaiden).

This is true. But you have to admit... with 3D... are there any games you'd want to be book-style? Developers have a shiny new toy, and the only ones I imagine not utilizing it 3D just for book-mode will be the those making Brain-Age type games for older audiences. Even team Ninja will rather make a 3D game.

We have to think about it like this:

We didn't lose anything. It's all still there. We just gained something so much better that it overshadows some old stuff.

It's a problem in the same way it'd be a problem if you have a hot girlfriend and there's a hotter girl that wants you. Cheers mate.

I'd love to have 3D in book style, except it is not possible for the system to do so.

This should also make left-handed complainers happy because that's when it majorly took effect on the DS.

Wat? All book-style DS games have a lefty flip :\

This is the other reason that people missed.
They do have left side, however, that is my point. With left side, you will not have access to the analog stick(not in a comfortable way, anyway).

I'm not hating on it in anyway, it's just that everything that the DS upgraded from, book style has nothing to gain except for better graphics and maybe tilt controls(if it could work like that).

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
Waiting for: Ummm..Gears of War 3?
#22elheberPosted 6/21/2010 11:19:09 PM
This lefty thing again? How many book-mode games do you know on the DS that even use the D-Pad?

Seriously? If you're playing book-style, holding the 3DS with one hand and holding a stylus with the other, what does it matter if there is no Analog at the bottom for you? It's an irrelevant complaint.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.
#23FlipManV3(Topic Creator)Posted 6/22/2010 9:04:03 PM

This lefty thing again? How many book-mode games do you know on the DS that even use the D-Pad?

Seriously? If you're playing book-style, holding the 3DS with one hand and holding a stylus with the other, what does it matter if there is no Analog at the bottom for you? It's an irrelevant complaint.

Complaint about what?
I'm not even complaining, XD.

There really is no point in using book style anymore either(having a major feature unusable).

Practically all DS games that were held sideways didn't truly need it in the first place.

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
Waiting for: Ummm..Gears of War 3?