Has anyone on here played Metroid Prime Hunters?

#1ohh42Posted 6/20/2010 10:04:42 PM
Because it seems like a lot of people are skeptical about controlling FPSs on the 3DS without another analog stick. It worked wonderfully in MPH and if the developer does it correctly, it will work wonderfully on the 3DS.

This is why the DS will not suffer from a lack of second analog like the PSP: the touch screen.

Also, I want a sequel on 3DS really really badly. Really really badly.
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#2FlipManV3Posted 6/20/2010 10:07:36 PM
I did for quite a bit, I enjoyed. However, it had flaws.

In order to turn completely around, you had to swipe it more than once(unless it's on the higher sensitivities).
Choosing weapons was completely horrid.
You only had one friggin' button to effectively press.

No imagine MPH 3D WITH a second analog. =)

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
Waiting for: Ummm..Gears of War 3?
#3strife14467Posted 6/20/2010 10:13:07 PM
I own Hunters. I actually enjoy the controls they used for it. It's not quite as good as the controls they used for the Prime games on the Wii, but I thought they were very solid and I have no complaints about the touch screen controls. On the 3DS they have not only the "Slide Pad" they can use for movement, but the d-pad is right under it and can be used for other things like changing beams or visors. I enjoyed the DS controls of Hunters, and I think the controls would be even better for a Prime game on the 3DS.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, XBOX, and Wii
#4ohh42(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2010 10:13:41 PM
In order to turn completely around, you had to swipe it more than once(unless it's on the higher sensitivities).
Choosing weapons was completely horrid.

Those are technically the fault of the game, not the hardware.

However the last one is a problem, but not a huge one since the touch screen handled most of the problems.

The real point is that even though it doesn't have the 2nd analog stick, it still will be better than the PSP's lack of any kind of secondary control.
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
#5sumweeabooPosted 6/20/2010 10:16:00 PM
I have.

If they're gonna be anything like MP:H then the analog stick/d pad will probably for moving while the touch screen and buttons are for aiming. It's possible that for the "lefty flip" the buttons will be used for moving while the analog stick/d pad/touch screen will be used for aiming.

The d pad will probably be given some other use since people seem to prefer using the analog stick to move.
---
#6FlipManV3Posted 6/20/2010 10:18:15 PM
About choosing weapons though, that was in correlation in which you cannot effectively press anything but one shoulder button.

---
Now playing: Final Fantasy XIII, Battlefield: Bad Company 2, Pokémon SoulSilver, Super Street Fighter IV
#7RayHorakPosted 6/20/2010 10:19:55 PM
Solution: Stylus with buttons.
#8ohh42(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2010 10:21:41 PM
On the weapons, with the slightly bigger touch screen, they could put individual buttons on the touch screen for easy switching
---
#9FlipManV3Posted 6/20/2010 10:22:56 PM

Solution: Stylus with buttons.

That would be amazing.

---
#10ohh42(Topic Creator)Posted 6/20/2010 10:24:29 PM
Well they haven't unveiled the stylus yet so it's a possibility.
---