Again with the .3 megapixel cameras!? Also question about 3DS cart size.

#1kortez1Posted 6/20/2010 11:03:07 PM
Seriously, could they not give us AT LEAST 2mp per camera? Seems silly.

And I hear people talking about the carts for the 3DS will be 2gb. Umm, someone explain to me why I can get these teeny tiny things called micro sd cards at like 8gb capacity for under $15 but they can't do more than 2gb for a big fat 3DS cart. I'm sure there is a simple explanation. Could someone shed some light? Thanks.
#2darkstorm980Posted 6/20/2010 11:06:30 PM
According to what I've read, PSP UMDs have a capacity of 1.8 GB, but alot of games don't even come close to reaching the limit, so unless, there are hours of FMVs on a 3DS Cart, I doubt the 2 GB limit will need to be expanded anytime soon regardless.
#3Hyrulesaver123Posted 6/20/2010 11:06:51 PM
You wanna jack up the price 50 more bucks?

Stop complaining anyways. The .2MP take perfectly fine pictures.
---
Not changing this sig until the the CoD:MW2 cliff hanger is relieved (IE Makarov dies)
Gamertag: one2many104; Currently playing: CoD:MW2
#4VamphaeryPosted 6/20/2010 11:07:16 PM
In addition, the 2GB "max" said, "at launch."
#5Enigma149Posted 6/20/2010 11:08:16 PM
I heard there was one game comming out in Japan soon for the (regular) DS that had a double-than-normal-sized cart, though I'll admit I don't know the normal size for the DS carts. My point is, if they need to make the cart bigger, they can.
#6PSI_GroundPosted 6/20/2010 11:12:15 PM
Normal size for DS cards is like 32MB, and that game is half a GB, fo like 516
---
Petition to get Medarot DS localized!
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/974889-medarot-ds-kabuto-version/54944880
#7kortez1(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 12:01:42 AM
I guess if they don't need more than 2gb for a 3DS game it's understandable. What is the capacity of a gamecube game because it seems the 3DS is on par graphically with the gamecube. And there have to be games out there that will push the limits of the size of the carts for certain games. Especially farther into the life of the 3DS.

.3 is still weak though imo. They take decent pictures. But technology is far enough advanced that having the cameras at 2 or 3 megapixels shouldn't cost much more.

But as much as it seems like I am complaining, I am super pumped about the 3DS and can't wait to get one day one. I read about people saying they won't pay over $200. Good luck with that. I'm pegging this thing at least at $229 and possibly $249. I think I will still buy it though. I guess label me a sucker.
#8strife14467Posted 6/21/2010 12:07:07 AM
"What is the capacity of a gamecube game because it seems the 3DS is on par graphically with the gamecube."

Seems like it was less than 2GB. I can't remember the exact size.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, XBOX, and Wii
#9Bigdoug14Posted 6/21/2010 12:10:16 AM
Nintendo has made bigger carts available to developers in the past throughout their hardware's lifetime. Even back in the NES days, games developed near the end of its life cycle came on carts with double or even triple the capacity of earlier carts. Same for SNES, N64, and the DS.

Regarding the camera....yeah I agree. Then again this thing isn't a camera that also plays 3DS games--it's a 3DS that also takes pictures. 3D pictures, at that.

...besides, it's still .3 megapixels more than the camera that comes as part of a PSP ;-)
---
GameFAQs isn't going to be merged in with GameSpot or any other site. We're not going to strip out the soul of the site. -CJayC
#10Supa_SPosted 6/21/2010 12:13:35 AM
I heard there was one game comming out in Japan soon for the (regular) DS that had a double-than-normal-sized cart, though I'll admit I don't know the normal size for the DS carts. My point is, if they need to make the cart bigger, they can

Ni No Kuni by Level 5 and Studio Ghibli

I believe it will be 2GB or something like that