How much do graphics and multimedia influence you?

#1Ki_cat_Posted 6/20/2010 11:48:58 PM
I bet a lot of people are gonna buy a 3DS for the 3D effect and enhanced graphics along with all the neat little features like a camera, internet etc... I might be a minority here but I could care less...So far, I haven't read anything about the 3DS that's worth $300. That price is assumed with Canada's tax, me wanting a game or two and yeah. The "deal breaker" for me would be the future games. The 3DS will sell very well and I'll get one *eventually* but that really depends on its future. I could care less about ports/remakes, I want new games. I'm not trying to bash the system, I just want to hear other opinions and -gasp- discuss.

-awaits flames from people who cannot read-
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#2strife14467Posted 6/21/2010 2:19:26 AM
"How much do graphics and multimedia influence you?"

Not at all. If the games aren't good, I could care less how great they look. I'm not gonna play a crappy game just because it look nice. If the games are good though, then good graphics are a bonus. As for multimedia, if it takes away from the gaming aspect of the system then I don't wanna see it. Also if it meant adding a lot more to the cost then I don't wanna see it. If they can add multimedia features without hurting the gaming, and without making the price too high, then I wouldn't mind it. I know people are gonna disagree with me, but hey I buy game systems to play games and have fun, not to drool over the graphics and worry about if it can play movies and such. The main focus needs to be on putting out fun and entertaining games.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, XBOX, and Wii
#3Damn_UnderscorePosted 6/21/2010 2:28:43 AM
multimedia not at all, graphics a lot

If Wii had graphics on par with the other two systems it would get a lot more good games. I think the 3DS's graphic capabilities will lead into a lot of great games. Hopefully developers still make a lot of 2D games, though.
---
Shenmue II = best game of all time
Shenmue = 2nd best game of all time
#4GameMaster14GMPosted 6/21/2010 2:49:01 AM
everyone defies Nintendo, Sony said the wii was a gimmick that wont last, ds was compared to psp and looked like crap then ds far exceeded it with amazing games. tbh 3d picture taking sounds revolutionary, the graphics are def on par with wii seeing how the screen shots are LAUNCH titles, they are using 2gb's for games which is right there with GC, this id def the best portable. im sure ppl will agree its worth 200bucks.

--
S&S Racing FC: 4383-5330-7086 , MPH FC:2107-2275-8236
#5ViewtifulGenePosted 6/21/2010 4:18:01 AM
The games are all I care about. The 3DS excites me because developers everywhere are coming out of the woodwork to contribute.

As for the multimedia side, it means nothing to me. I don't need a camera or an MP3 player. And graphic specs are only interesting if they push developers to make some higher-quality games.
---
You can wax on, wax off all you want. I'm still kickin' your ***.
#6strife14467Posted 6/21/2010 4:21:24 AM
"The games are all I care about. The 3DS excites me because developers everywhere are coming out of the woodwork to contribute."

The launch lineup has the potential to be pretty epic with some of the games announced so far.
---
my consoles: NES, SNES, N64, Gamecube, Master System, Genesis, Saturn, Dreamcast, Playstation, PS2, XBOX, and Wii
#7maaaattyPosted 6/21/2010 4:30:04 AM
I'm not too fussed about multimedia because my iPod touch is my go-to gadget for movies, music, web browsing etc.

Graphics aren't a necessity. The ds proved that in sales and in game quality. However, I'm quite excited about the 3ds' graphical abilities because they look so detailed and pleasing.

The main selling point for me is the games. KI, RE, MGS, KH, OOT, FF, SF64 and so on are all great and popular games/franchises. I am almost assured a great experience when playing these games due to a high level of standard with these franchises.
---
will not change sig until fever to tell is available for rockband. Will settle for isis or yeah yeah yeahs ep.
#8KarmaCowPosted 6/21/2010 5:06:04 AM
Yea there is no way I'm paying more than $200 for it. Futureshop and Bestbuy had a short pre-order sales and they had 3DS games for $70. Yea, it's just a placeholder price but I'm worried $40 games will be the norm, before stuff like SE and Nintendo bumping up the price. Don't get me wrong, I definitely prefer the 3DS's graphics to the DS, but any sort of immersion is immediately broken by the fact it's on a handheld with tiny screens.
---
But you took that paddle, and smacked me in the face, and I wear my heart on my sleeve, so when I wiped my face, I got heart all over it. - Abe Lincoln*
#9turoklordPosted 6/21/2010 5:08:42 AM
They don't.
---
Go Oilers!!
#10KyubitPosted 6/21/2010 5:55:33 AM
Multimedia's a nice bonus, but nothing that'll really seal the deal for me. Graphics and processor power, on the other hand... Certain genres I don't really care (Mario's mario whether he's a 8 bit sprite or HD 3d model) but I think games that strive for realism in their art style really do benefit from the better graphics. I also believe the better gpu and processor mean the 3ds can handle more stuff (enemies, coins, ducks, whatever) on screen at the same time, which even if you hate every graphic enhancement since the N64 is nice.
---
"Is that boy giving him a thumbs up for biting Ryu's crotch?"
"I can see why such an action would win the approval of children everywhere."