Gamestop employee told me this comes out in 2012

#1melchiahdimPosted 6/21/2010 8:59:33 AM
I went to gamestop to see if I could reserve a 3DS yet and he told me its not being releases till 2012! Is it just me or is this guy making things up? I tried looking for info to support his claim but all I could find is that it is being released in Japan in October 2010. Why would they wait over a year to release it here. Has anyone heard any other info about the release date?
#2Nano KitsunePosted 6/21/2010 9:02:24 AM
He's making it up. It will be released before March 2011, possibly some time in 2010 if we're lucky.

---
Here, take this bad-joke proof vest. It's made of clevlar.
#3ZCoolidgeZPosted 6/21/2010 9:03:18 AM
I haven't lived in America in forever, therefore I haven't been to a GS in a while.

IIRC it's just some asinine placeholder date (they always do this iirc).
---
mala yierba nunca muere.. Como idiotas =D
Tales of Rebirth. El mejor cuento en existencia
#4Nano KitsunePosted 6/21/2010 9:05:51 AM
The placeholder date is "Before the end of the Fiscal year 2010" which means before the end of March 2011.

---
Here, take this bad-joke proof vest. It's made of clevlar.
#5melchiahdim(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 9:06:09 AM
Thats what I thought. I need to start saving for three 3DSs (For me, my wife and my son. We are all big gamers) and having them reserved would really help with that. I don't understand why Gamestop wont reserve them yet. They have allowed reserves for thing before they had a release date before.
#6gransPosted 6/21/2010 9:06:34 AM
This is why we don't like Gamestop. Among the hundreds of other reasons of course... But mostly because they lie. Sorry if you like them, but all our branches where i am are a bunch of dirty liars.
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#7sumweeabooPosted 6/21/2010 9:09:59 AM
I see that gamestop is still filled with a bunch of sexually frustrated angst filled teens. Don't believe most of the things they say since it's usually wrong.
---
#8melchiahdim(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 9:10:48 AM
He didn't necessarily lie, he just didn't know the answer to my question (I guess he did lie...) I used to work for gamestop and most of the people at my store kept up on game news so we could give out correct info, so its not all stores. This was the first time ive been to this gamestop and I didn't like it at all, though.
#9Darkriku666Posted 6/21/2010 9:10:53 AM
Gamestop employee told me this comes out in 2012

Gamestop employee is an idiot.

To answer your question about them not taking reserves, it's probably because they don't have a price yet.
---
Order of favoritism for current gen: PS3, 360, PSP / DS (I like 'em both), Wii
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0861 3049 0976
#10LawnNinjaPosted 6/21/2010 9:20:48 AM
The store won't take a reserve because 1) there is no price point yet, and 2) there is no release date yet.

The employee told you 2012 because he didn't actually know what he was talking about, but wanted to appear as if he did (probably because his manager told him to make **** up if he didn't know for sure because "most customers are just clueless parents anyway").

Moral of the story? Don't shop at GameStop. Go somewhere where the employees respect you.

---
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."