Gamestop employee told me this comes out in 2012

#11melchiahdim(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 10:23:06 AM
Am I a parent? Yes. Am I clueless? Absolutely not. I've had times when I went to Gamestop and someone had a question and the employee was so useless I had to help the customer for him.
#12Smokeybear18Posted 6/21/2010 10:24:19 AM

Am I a parent? Yes. Am I clueless? Absolutely not. I've had times when I went to Gamestop and someone had a question and the employee was so useless I had to help the customer for him.

That's weird. My Gamestop employees know their stuff because they're gamers too. I walked in to pre-order Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and the guy goes, "Yeah, that's a good one, I'm pre-ordering it too!"
---
"I am with you and will watch over you wherever you go." Genesis 28:15
"But I don't wanna be a pirate!"
#13LawnNinjaPosted 6/21/2010 10:26:33 AM

Which is exactly why you should take your business where they will treat you with respect, at least enough to not insult your intelligence by fabricating information.

---
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
#14melchiahdim(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 10:26:40 AM
It all depends on the store and the manager. Like I said I used to work for Gamestop and my manager was a gamer so she mostly hired gamers. But if the manager doesn't play games then details like that don't matter much to them. They only want the sales and reserves.
#15melchiahdim(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 10:28:11 AM
Problem is the where I live the only place I could go within reasonable distance aside from Gamestop is Gamecrazy, and they are completely gone.
#16LawnNinjaPosted 6/21/2010 10:32:55 AM
If that's the case, I'd just go to a larger retailer like Target or Wal-Mart. At least there the pimple-faced kid is more likely to say "I dunno" than to make up some BS.

And it really sucks that GameCrazy is going out of business. They were by far the best game retailer... they let you try out any game for free and always knew their facts.

---
"All opinions are not equal. Some are a very great deal more robust, sophisticated and well supported in logic and argument than others."
#17melchiahdim(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 10:34:28 AM
Yeah unfortunately I only discovered Gamecrazy just before they disappeared.
#18mrfatcatPosted 6/21/2010 11:02:00 AM
I go to Vintage Stock, which is a high-quality gameexchange in the middle of the USA. It sells stuff that you usually see in pawn shops, like dreamcast games or gamegear.

---
Advertising a MMO: Minecraft.net
It there a problem?
#19parKb5Posted 6/21/2010 11:28:46 AM
I've found not to trust the info I get from the manager at Gamestop (he told me that the DSi would have two touch screens) I am not sure if they are fed false info or not, but he is never correct. It's a shame b/c they are the biggest video game retailer, you would think that they would know.
---
"Do you want to know the secret of my panties?" - Trucy Wright
AC/CF: 1333-7729-4549 Greg@Todai
#20Darkriku666Posted 6/21/2010 8:33:29 PM
That's weird. My Gamestop employees know their stuff because they're gamers too. I walked in to pre-order Pokemon Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and the guy goes, "Yeah, that's a good one, I'm pre-ordering it too!"

That doesn't really prove anything. The gamestop I go to however is great. They know their stuff, I know most of the guys there and my brother even used to work there. We can go in and joke around with them and even talk about games. And actual games too, not just Halo and Madden.
---
Order of favoritism for current gen: PS3, 360, PSP / DS (I like 'em both), Wii
Pokemon Platinum FC: 0861 3049 0976