If price is over $200....

#21SkimGuyPosted 6/21/2010 3:09:23 PM
You can't compare the 3DS to the DSiXL. The XL is an overpriced console aimed at old people/rich kids that don't care about money who just like bigger screens. Any rational person would get a DS lite over even a DSi unless they wanted 2 crappy cameras/DSIware, or had no DS at all. The DSi might have been worth it, but the XL was a total flash in the pan. It's not meant to be compared to a regular DS, it was just something to tide over Nintendo fanboys until the 3DS came out.
---
#22trenkenPosted 6/21/2010 3:22:12 PM
"then I am buying a Xbox 360 S instead."

Dont blame you, I want one of those too.
#23halomonkey1_3_5Posted 6/21/2010 3:34:12 PM
Just look at the DSiXL. It's nearly $200 as is.

if you think nintendo is just breaking even(or just making a small profit) from the DSLite/DSi/DSiXL then you are sadly mistaken, i would bet they make upwards of $50 on all if the DS line, especially the XL.
---
Billy Mays: July 20, 1958 - June 28, 2009
The Greatest
#24YoyokuKOPosted 6/21/2010 3:35:19 PM
the DSiXL had bigger screens and had some dsiware games.
the 3DS should be a little more than the DSi.

200 is basically a good guess
#25iLLsteezePosted 6/21/2010 3:40:24 PM
"Everyone knows, including me, that ninty is gonna charge more than 200 for this thing. "

actually, u dont know anything at all

---
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/9762/betcn0.png
CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT
#26KogaSteelfangPosted 6/21/2010 4:00:18 PM
if you think nintendo is just breaking even(or just making a small profit) from the DSLite/DSi/DSiXL then you are sadly mistaken, i would bet they make upwards of $50 on all if the DS line, especially the XL.

Duh, that was my point. The XL is just a rehash of a rehash of a rehash. It's not worth it at all. But look at it, It's sitting pleasantly at $190. You know why? Because Nintendo wants profits. They are a business company.

Now they have something actually worth $190, but you think they'll not overprice it? It's gonna be super hyped. It WILL sell, no matter the price. Sure, they might not completely sell all the copies right away, but they'll make way more money simply by bumping up the price a tad. Having it a higher price than XL is pretty much given. Even if they drop the price of all DS systems, this will still be priced at a higher rate than the launch price of any DS(IMO), since this system far outclasses them.
---
Supported by wings of faith, Wielding a sword of light.
I am a believer.
#27nonexistingheroPosted 6/21/2010 4:01:02 PM
Nintendo will charge at least 200 for it, but 250 is more likely. Just look at Nintendo's history. 250 is still very reasonable for what it offers.

I don't understand why you guys are so overly optimistic about the price, considering both the Wii and every single DS version cost more than everyone expected. What males you think it'll be different this time around?
---
Read the mania: http://www.fanfiction.net/~nonexistinghero
In SA2, it's Super Sonic and Hyper Shadow.