Nintendo doesn't care what you think.

#1Ki_cat_Posted 6/21/2010 1:44:58 PM
I've said it before and I'll say it again. the 3DS will sell regardless if you agree with the price or not. I wouldn't keep hoping for a low price. Nintendo is a business, they'll buy low and sell high. Nintendo will make tons of money then if the 3DS is a bit highly priced they'll just release some sort of deal down the road. Why hope? You're only setting yourself up for disappointment even if you get something close to your desire. If you just wait and see you won't feel as negative. I just got tired of seeing "I won't buy it if it's _____", Nintendo won't care lol. Yeah, a high price *could* effect the sales but not by a considerable amount.

-awaits flames from assumptions and not reading-
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#2Shinobi120Posted 6/21/2010 1:49:05 PM
Totally agree. Plus not to mention that pre-orders for it may be coming soon months down the road. All people have to do is to reserve one, & keep putting down money on it until it's paid in full (including covering sales tax, etc.), they don't have to put the full amount on it right away (oh, & you'll need to probably save your receipts). That way, when it's all paid in full & when the 3DS finally releases, you should then have more money to spend games on.

If they don't do that, & chooses to wait a year or so just for the price to be lowered, then it's their own fault.
---
http://www.ksot.com/BoardsFAQ.html
People that love to pick fights with me, they will always lose in the end.
#3VamphaeryPosted 6/21/2010 1:49:22 PM
That's cool. I don't care what they think, either. I will not buy their system if it's over $249.99 Period. If they still sell like hotcakes anyway, great. Doesn't affect me one way or another.
#4TVthePunisherPosted 6/21/2010 1:50:05 PM
*prepares torch but realizes he has no need to*

..Ya know, you're right about that. Nintendo is going to sell this regardless if it's expensive, look at the Ipad...and it's add-ons to make it work right. People like 3D, that's why everybody's jumping into it...and the 3DS is going to appeal to those non-gamers or mainstream gamers even more than the genuine ones. And the thing is, those mainstream people typically have more money than the rest of us ;>> so they'll pay 300 dollars out no problem.

Look at Wii Fit...*starts laughing* I worked at Sam's Club during the Holiday season and we sold out on those, all to mainstream people and nobody that acts like a usual gamer. Whether or not the 3DS appeals to us doesn't matter, if we don't want to buy it Nintendo isn't at a loss...we're outnumbered greatly by the Mainstream society that will buy it up because of the 3D part.

---
Some people just deserve to die, it's up to the individual to deliver that justice. Me, I embraced the right...can you embrace it, let go of morality?
#5Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 1:51:39 PM
Technically it does unless you weren't interested in the system in the first place. Then again, if you weren't interested you wouldn't consider the price, you would be on some other board.
---
#6BKXDPosted 6/21/2010 1:52:28 PM
I don't care how much it is, I just want it out this year!
---
MKWii: Bill 4897 6348 2836
CF: Bill @ Hoosier 3394-7044-0625
#7Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 1:53:43 PM
Apple sells very high though and it's for the general public and not just gamers.
---
#8ozfunghiPosted 6/21/2010 1:56:02 PM
Nintendo aren't fools. They're not going to ask too high a price, because now they have the non-gamer market on top of their loyal fanbase. With the 3DS they might reclaim some of the more core oriented gamers they lost to sony 15 years ago. They are not going to do this at the expense of the "casual" (due to a lack of a better term) market though. So i don't see this costing over 200-220 dollars.

And for the first time since long, i have a feeling they have actually been listening to the cries of their fans.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#9VamphaeryPosted 6/21/2010 1:56:36 PM
Technically it does unless you weren't interested in the system in the first place. Then again, if you weren't interested you wouldn't consider the price, you would be on some other board.

Okay, allow me to rephrase.

If it's over $249.99, it won't affect me significantly enough for me to be upset about not having the system. It willa ffect me in on principle, because I am offended by pricing scehems if I personally regard them as unjustified. I will still be indignant ON PRINCIPLE about the price if it's 300 dollars, and will react as follows: "299 U.S. dollars! Here's this giant enemy Koopa..."

But I'm not going to sweat not having the system or its games. I can patiently wait.
#10Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 1:56:37 PM
Oh and about preordering, a lot of people might not have a set amount of money coming in or they're just not sure of what games will be in the 3DS' future so they want to wait instead of potentially wasting $300.
---