Nintendo doesn't care what you think.

#11-EvilSoul-Posted 6/21/2010 1:58:12 PM
LOL

That's what Sony thought with the PS3. Dead.... wrong...
#12ohh42Posted 6/21/2010 1:58:26 PM
I never said Nintendo should listen to me. I'm just saying I won't buy it if it's over $250. Simple as that.
---
You know Nintendo's a beast when Sony has a great conference and they poop on them with 2 games - NitemareNS
GT: Ragtag 21
#13Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 1:59:13 PM
See? It would affect you one way or another (x. I see your point and I plan to wait either way.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#14Ki_cat_(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 2:00:33 PM
Well the Ps3 didn't even have any games to help with its market >_>. Sony probably made more money of ps2 things.
---
People are afraid of what they don't understand.
#15-EvilSoul-Posted 6/21/2010 2:03:35 PM
But people knew about their signature series such as FFXIII and MGS4. That alone "should" of sale but not at a hair ripping $600.
#16GiSS88Posted 6/21/2010 2:04:28 PM
http://www.destructoid.com/nintendo-s-iwata-on-3ds-s-final-price-177129.phtml

Nintendo will sell it for as much as they please--and as stated multiple times, they will not be taking a loss.
---
MH3 ID:JVQGY5 *PSN: NoJ87*
360 Gamertag: NoJ1987 *Others in Quote*
#17TVthePunisherPosted 6/21/2010 2:05:06 PM
The Wii to me has always seemed like that type of console geared towards the general public, and the 3DS seems like it's along for the ride. Really the entire presentation felt like an Apple speech, it was what...10 minutes long? Probably longer because whatshisface had worse english than Jackie Chan but whatever...

I'm getting a 3DS for the games, not the 3D. Mainstream, general public, however you view it LOVE 3D...otherwise these 3D movies wouldn't do well at all. Anything that they can "oooo" and "ahhh" about is worth their money...and yes, Apple does do very well with their products...and Nintendo has kind of picked up on that by making systems geared to the entire family.

It all builds from the fact that normal people are technologically stupid, they probably have no idea what an NES even is nowadays. If it glows, it's worth buying. If it shoots fire, it's worth buying. If it's got 3D, it's worth buying (expensive 3D TVs and 3D glasses are proof enough of that). Nintendo WILL NOT hurt in selling these, they will make a huge profit from the non-gamers that will overcome any downset from genuine gamers.

Plus, think about the Moms that don't know jack ****. It's the new thing out, and their kid is going to want it...because children are greedy little bastards that aren't happy with anything but the latest release. Many kids have probably owned all generations of the DS and will beg their parents to death (with threats of hatred and mutany otherwise) until they get a 3DS. I've seen it, working first hand at Sam's Club at an electronics booth during the Holiday season...you see the normal Ipod, Ipod Nano, Ipod Touch and the gigabyte differences...the maximum gigabyte Ipod Touch was VERY expensive compared to the others and these girls (yep, teenage girls wanting to listen to rap music even though they're white) begged their Mom's to death to buy it...of course as a sales representative, I assisted in convincing the mothers to pay out their hardearned money because I don't care about you. ;>_> That makes me seem cold, but if it gets the store money, I'll sway you into buying the most expensive package.

I'm good in every other field >=/ do onto others as whatever done to yourself? I don't know bible verses, but I don't steal stuff from people because I wouldn't want that happening to me...and I'm smart enough to not be pulled into a sale's pitch unlike the people I sold 50 Wiis to from my amazing ability. So it evens out as me being able to do at least one bad thing without consequences ^_^
---
Some people just deserve to die, it's up to the individual to deliver that justice. Me, I embraced the right...can you embrace it, let go of morality?
#18VamphaeryPosted 6/21/2010 2:05:25 PM
I still maintain the opinion that Nintendo is unjustified in charging 300 dollars for a handheld. That is the price of an Xbox 360 250GB. I will be filled with contempt for them if, suffering from Sony-like hubris, they believe that the massive success of Wii and their existing handhelds can justify that price.

Don't get me wrong: I agree with you COMPLETELY that it will still sell regardless. Such is the nature of gaming today. People buy things all the time that are probably overpriced simply on the basis that, "I want it! And I has money! So I can has it!! :D!"

I'm just saying that I will not, and I will not be upset about not partaking of the 3DS goodness until the price comes down. The games aren't going to go anywhere.
#19SaraAB87Posted 6/21/2010 7:53:56 PM
I definitely agree that you can sell the public anything that is new and marketed well, I have seen proof of it many times, I have seen people buy a 1 year warranty for the Wii when it already comes with a warranty from Nintendo (and Nintendo has very good customer service). I have seen people buy a $10 warranty on a $20 MP3 player. I have sold countless horribly overpriced items to customers on ebay, who were actually happy that I had the item to sell them in the first place so their kid could have it, and then the kid throws it aside a week or 2 later. They did not care what price they paid.

The truth is that customers will snap up whatever is the latest, there really hasn't been a true new handheld release in a while so customers are starved for a new handheld.

Though I will say this much, customers aren't really snapping up the PSP Go, mainly because those soccer moms don't understand downloadable games. With the iPods the kids usually run the things so its not an issue, and people are so used to downloading music. Regardless of this, parents just don't seem to get a game system that doesn't come with any retail-available games. Parents still want to buy a games console and games at the store and sony did not offer that with the PSP go. However the 3DS will have physical media so this is not an issue.

I am sure if the 3DS was $300 they would sell quite a few of them especially since it has physical media. If there was limited money to be spent then that just means the kid would get the 3DS and a couple games and the money wouldn't go towards other things like toys but money seems to be unlimited when a kid wants something.

---
POKEMON FC : 0688-1731-5696 Name SaraAB