Why did everyone make such a complete change in opinion?

#1Tony_Biggie_PunPosted 6/21/2010 7:36:57 PM
With the DS, almost everybody was saying gameplay>graphics and that they didn't care about graphics.

But now with the 3DS it's completely different. The whole gameplay>graphics thing seems to have gone out the window.

---
I'm the coach, these players think they ballin', until I bench them
#2RockmanZeroXEXEDashPosted 6/21/2010 7:38:14 PM
fanboys are hypocrites. Nuff said.
---
PSN: Rockmanxexe
SSBB FC: 0688 4914 5758 !
#3game_master101Posted 6/21/2010 7:39:14 PM
I guess the whole 3d without glasses gimmick is reeling people in. I think it's awesome, but I also think the games will be awesome as well.
---
My spoon is too big.
#4IntervenientPosted 6/21/2010 7:40:07 PM
I've mentioned it in a few topics, and I just get flamed for having an opinion.
---
awww yea typo and all
#5VamphaeryPosted 6/21/2010 7:41:35 PM
Gameplay still trumps graphics for me. (My most anticipated game in the next few months is Puzzle Quest 2 and I am addicted to Breath of Death VII: The Beginning - lol - on XBLA currently.) I am however interested in what sorts of enhancements to the gameplay experience might be facilitated by the gyroscope and 3D.

I don't think all the talk regarding the graphical capabilities of the 3DS are necessarily indicative of a shift in opinion with respect to visuals versus gameplay. I just think people are understandably curious about the hardware and want to speculate and discuss.
#6DarkSideOfBluePosted 6/21/2010 7:42:05 PM
I'd wager it's because we're getting graphics, 3D, gyroscope, AND the touch screen that we've come to know can enhance gameplay.

All that AND a bag of chips, bro.
#7ToastIsWooshPosted 6/21/2010 7:42:18 PM
Well, all we have to go on at this point is graphics, without any real gameplay experience. So when we get there, maybe the arguments will die down a bit.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztiy2w.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/332vyw6.jpg
#8MasterOtenkoPosted 6/21/2010 7:46:08 PM
With the DS, almost everybody was saying gameplay>graphics and that they didn't care about graphics.

But now with the 3DS it's completely different. The whole gameplay>graphics thing seems to have gone out the window.

Because NINTENDO made a system with the good graphics this time.

lolfanboys
---
Unyu! Unya!
#9jmeyer2039Posted 6/21/2010 7:49:11 PM
Gaming is about games. Always has been, always will be. That doesn't mean it's not okay to get excited over new technology and improved graphics when they come around. Hell, that can be all anyone talks about for weeks. Doesn't mean they've lost sight of anything. They're just participating in the buzz.
#10Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 7:52:33 PM

Gaming is about games. Always has been, always will be. That doesn't mean it's not okay to get excited over new technology and improved graphics when they come around.

I never said that it wasn't. But look at all of these 3DS vs psp topics. With the DS, people said that it was better than the psp because they like the DS library betetr and graphics mean nothing.

Okay thats all good.

But now people are saying that the 3DS better than the PSP because it has the PICO200 and that it has 3D.

People need to make up their minds.

Also, remember how so many people argued that the Gamecube and N64 have the best graphics of their generations. Then with the Wii, graphics all of a sudden don't mean anything.

---
I'm the coach, these players think they ballin', until I bench them