Why did everyone make such a complete change in opinion?

#31frogman_295Posted 6/21/2010 8:32:55 PM
ITT: generalizations.

I have always considered gameplay far more important than the latest graphics rush. That being said, I definitely appreciate nice visuals and have thought for a while 3DS was running on seriously dated tech.
#32Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 8:33:49 PM
Well, I only have a DS. I don't have a psp. I would have liked a PSP though. There are so many games I would have loved. I'll catch up with it when the psp emulators out get better though.

---
I'm the coach, these players think they ballin', until I bench them
#33xfactorPosted 6/21/2010 8:34:10 PM
[This message was deleted at the request of the original poster]
#34Pinnacle1987Posted 6/21/2010 8:43:39 PM
In reality, the 3DS is pretty underwhelming for a next-gen handheld.
I'll buy yours, then. How much do you want for it?
#35xfactorPosted 6/21/2010 8:47:13 PM
I never said don't talk about graphics. You missed my whole point.

It is still gameplay > graphics, its just that we can't get excited about the gameplay when we don't know anything about them. We don't have playable game demo for us to try out the games yet. Developers haven't talk about the 3DS game features they are working on. We can't declare our excitement or disappointment because we haven't played them. Rest assure when the console is finally released and we get to play the games, we'll be back to our usual selves.

btw, I am pretty sure the topics all along were the 3D effect of the console, not how many polygons the console can push.
---
www.capcom.co.jp/bio5
#36Tony_Biggie_Pun(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 8:49:34 PM

It is still gameplay > graphics, its just that we can't get excited about the gameplay when we don't know anything about them. We don't have playable game demo for us to try out the games yet. Developers haven't talk about the 3DS game features they are working on. We can't declare our excitement or disappointment because we haven't played them. Rest assure when the console is finally released and we get to play the games, we'll be back to our usual selves.

I'm mainly talking about people saying that the 3DS is better than the PSP because of the graphics.

---
I'm the coach, these players think they ballin', until I bench them
#37ChronoReversePosted 6/21/2010 9:05:00 PM
Haha, perhaps people are interested in the 3D effect ALONG WITH the rather huge list of games in development for the 3DS?

I know I can't wait for the new Professor Layton, the Starfox 64 remake, the MGS3 remake, Icarus, etc.
---
HeartBattle:3223 7903 2305||Plat:5155 9517 5016||Pearl:0731 6097 4550
#38SitheltzonPosted 6/21/2010 9:26:31 PM
It's still gameplay > graphics for me.

I have both PSP and DS and my DS gets more attention, although there are games on the PSP that interests me (or wow me with their graphics, MGS:PW for example).

And to be honest, I didn't expect the 3DS to be THIS GOOD in the graphics department and was expecting along the lines of that DSi 3D game (forgot the name). If the gameplay will be as good as its graphics, then I might spend more for it (I'm already sold on the 3DS).