Nintendo says 3DS design not 100% final, guarantees worldwide launch by March

#21SatarackPosted 6/22/2010 12:16:16 AM
There's three questions to whether they should add a second analog:

First, would anyone actually use it?
Second, is there room for it?
Third, does it make sense financially?

The second is the more important of the questions really, people can always come up with uses for it afteral. But if there isn't room to put in an extra input in, then it's just not possible without redesigning the system interior and even making the system larger. The last question is just your typical business question, does the cost out-way the added value and related profit? Even if the answer to the first two questions was yes, but it isn't sensible financially, then the chances of it happening are slim.
---
Learn about how Fructose literally meets the definition of a toxin, with the same long term effects as alcohol
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/mercola31.1.html
#22D NycePosted 6/22/2010 12:16:57 AM
I don't care as long as my sliders are clicky. I can deal with just one. 2 if it's that necessary.
---
Brawl-0344-9123-3537-Nyce
#23SatarackPosted 6/22/2010 12:25:45 AM

They were going by our reactions to decide the price?

Damn. We should have pretended it was worth nothing.

That's not how it works, they're trying to find the market equilibrium. If they price the system too low, then their will be a supply deficit, where they aren't making enough systems to meet the demand. If they price it too high, then there will be a supply surplus, where they are making more systems than people actually want and they go unsold.

You might think that not being able to meet consumer demand is a good thing, but it's not really. If costumers can't get their hands on what they want, some of the will turn to available substitutes instead; so you end up losing customers. Perhaps if there aren't any substitutes, but then you're probably talking about a monopoly.
---
Learn about how Fructose literally meets the definition of a toxin, with the same long term effects as alcohol
http://www.lewrockwell.com/orig5/mercola31.1.html
#24Platinum_LuigiPosted 6/22/2010 6:34:05 AM
It won't be march in the states. I'll be this year.
---
Pokemon Platinum Friend Code-2235 3349 1701
#25mrfatcatPosted 6/22/2010 7:32:54 AM
Yeah, Nintendo is a company that likes earning money. They are going to release it this year no matter what. Europe might get it 2011.
---
Advertising a MMO: Minecraft.net
It there a problem?
#26mgl2003Posted 6/22/2010 8:00:05 AM
While a second stick would be nice, I don't really think it's necessary. The gyro, cameras, or the touch screen could all be used to control the camera in-game. Control won't suffer too badly. A second stick would be ideal, but I don't think they are going to make that big of a change this late in the game.
---
When life sucks, laugh at if for having a **** in its mouth.