Resident Evil Revelations Trailers (HOLY ****! Graphics are amazing!)

#41ozfunghiPosted 6/22/2010 4:24:05 AM
For reference:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xO14ZdPzZh4#t=4m40s

myeah, like i said. Definitely better than RE4. Muddy textures, pretty basic lighting and shadowing... definitely not comparable with what the 3DS is pulling off. Sure, there is no in-game environment, but the demo was slapped together in a matter of months, while RE4's engine was a matter of years.

---
***The Kid is in rare form tonight***
/////////////www.doublegum.be/////////////
#42Spaddel2212Posted 6/22/2010 5:07:00 AM
And we have to remember.. that this is the first "generation" of 3ds games... handheld and console games graphics have improved over its lifetime... so this will probably improve to. Additionally there will be the 3d effect which most likely will add some extra "wow" stuff to the graphics.

anyways...
I am excited :D
#43ChargrilledPosted 6/22/2010 5:23:02 AM
i can tell its realtime simply because of some very slight aliasing happening around the lines of peoples faces etc.

nice shader effects going on.
#44MetroidJunkiePosted 6/22/2010 5:28:00 AM
I can sort of tell it's real time since the textures are a bit blurry (Around Gamecube/Wii's level), unless they lazed out on pre-rendering.
#45gransPosted 6/22/2010 6:24:49 AM
Capcom just confirmed themselves that it is realtime, no prerendered crap, all using the ingame engine for the cutscenes-

Capcom press email-
“Following last week’s announcement that Capcom currently has two titles, Resident Evil: Revelations and Super Street Fighter IV 3D Edition (tentative title), in development for the Nintendo 3DS the first trailer for Resident Evil: Revelations has just been released and is now available for download from our press extranet. Featuring appearances from Chris Redfield and Jill Valentine the trailer is rendered in real time using the game engine.”

http://www.nintendoeverything.com/43276/
---
NEVER judge a game you have not played.
-Granville
#46VamphaeryPosted 6/22/2010 10:34:05 AM
I have zero doubt that it was in-engine and real-time. I just have some small measure of doubt that actual gameplay will look this good (with all of the elements in place, gunfire, rooms, hallways, enemies, etc. something beyond three characters in a dark room with a single light source.) That doubt may well be unfounded, though.
#47ShibutoPosted 6/22/2010 10:36:49 AM
It is in real-time I can see the jaggies and fuzziness from miles away when I watch this trailer...very impressive
#48MetroidJunkiePosted 6/22/2010 2:32:07 PM
I have zero doubt that it was in-engine and real-time. I just have some small measure of doubt that actual gameplay will look this good (with all of the elements in place, gunfire, rooms, hallways, enemies, etc. something beyond three characters in a dark room with a single light source.) That doubt may well be unfounded, though.

I wouldn't be so sure about that, tech demos tend to look worse than the final product so it can likely handle these kind of graphics in the actual game, especially if Metal Gear Solid 3's remake is any indication.