3DS strikes me more like a test prototype product rathern than a serious

#1HyperRyunPosted 6/21/2010 9:00:37 PM
market product.

The labor put into each game must rise to meet the demands of the handheld or they'll have to ignore it completely, making the selling point of the device in the first place moot, the price will likely be much higher than normal, the standard $30 price tag on a game that was fairly common in the DS market will rise, and it just won't be worth it to developers to put so much work into making a game 3D that can be enjoyed in a 2D fashion. Games will either cost more, take longer to release, or the quality suffers, or perhaps all of the above. The fact that a price range has even been thought about by Nintendo yet isn't promising either.

It seems more likely Nintendo's just trying to toss technology out there in order to get attention so that money and time will be put into making the tech cheaper and better. If anything, the 3DS won't take off until some re-release like the Lite and DSi was to the original and the SP was to the GBA.

The Wii was basically the same thing. Now we have the Kinect or whatever the hell it is and the other Sony thing, with Nintendo making it work by catering to the casual and adult audience. The 3DS is likely to get far less attention that way. Adults don't care about 3D cookbooks or train-your-brains, 3D gaming has existed for the most part just to be amusing and make things interesting.

Also, companies like to make 3D things because "3D is entertaining and different". Prepare for a whole new kind of awful, awful video game.

I have very little hope for the 3DS. That means I can't be let down and if it works well it's a pleasant surprise rather than a rage-inducing fiasco. You guys should try it before hyping the hell out of something you've never even tried in any shape or form.
---
Signature under constructions.
Do not ignore the dust particles. That is asbestos.
#2Sano_skyPosted 6/21/2010 9:03:17 PM
U mad?
---
WFC: 2757-4808-2093-9515
Waste O' Topic.
#3coller23Posted 6/21/2010 9:04:14 PM
you need to do more research dude...
---
Pokemon Soulsilver friend code- 3610-4839-6833
Interested in joining Big Mario Bros 4? Send a PM to Knuckles07!
#4Bull__MoosePosted 6/21/2010 9:07:04 PM
I doubt it takes long to make a game 3D. Hell, just look at the Clash of the Titans movie. They didn't put 3D in until like a month before release or something
---
2010 New York Yankees: 43-26
2009 Cleveland Browns: 5-11
#5Dudemaster57Posted 6/21/2010 9:07:38 PM
Who else is getting deja vu from before the DS release?
---
lololololturnipderpderpderpderp -Fathrim
#6terras_lightPosted 6/21/2010 9:12:15 PM
I don't know about you, but have you taken a look at the games that are gonna come out for the 3DS? I think I'll have to disagree with you when you talk about an "awful video game."
#7bored_onePosted 6/21/2010 9:27:30 PM
Deja vu...

*goes digging around about why Nintendo didn't keep the Gameboy name for the DS*
#8LimxzeroPosted 6/21/2010 9:28:29 PM
A good deal of those points are certainly viable. The DS brand being aimed toward a more general audience, I feel that, with the 3DS, Nintendo's moving closer to the PSP in the sense that it's focusing more on the "hardcore" gamer. Sure, the 3DS is a big "spoiler" for Microsoft and Sony, but I don't think the 3DS will be a flop. One might even think of the DS as a stepping stone for the 3DS's success. Any major company would know better than to allow such hype to be unsubstantiated.
---
<< A witty saying proves nothing. >>
#9summerclawPosted 6/21/2010 9:30:44 PM
TC just trow you PSP in the trash can and get a 3DS.
---
No Signature for now.
#10ShadowTheHHFanPosted 6/21/2010 10:59:47 PM
I'd like to announce a new Olympic sport.

The extremely long jump to conclusions.

First gold medalist: TC.
---
Brawl is like ZSS' breasts. Well rounded for casual players.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=helEmvwETHU