2 GB cartridges is insanely good.

#11mizukage2Posted 6/21/2010 10:27:04 PM
Yeah, I can't imagine Nintendo of all companies making the games anymore expensive then 39.99 barring maybe really big games.
#12kamikaze135Posted 6/21/2010 10:32:33 PM

Wonder what the initial pricing on the 3DS games will be. $50 dollars at least I would guess.

2 gigs is the current maximum though correct? The minimum might be closer to DS standards 256-512 megs or so.

I highly doubt it. I'm almost positive we'll see most games get priced at $40-$45 at the very most. Setting the price at $50 would mean that 3DS games would compete with Wii games and some PS3, 360, and PC games. Although the 3DS is an amazing device, it's still just a portable and things on portable systems are always cheaper than they are on consoles.

If the games are indeed $50, I definitely won't go out of my way to buy too many >_>
#13PwNeRsHaTePosted 6/21/2010 10:34:50 PM

They've reached the end of the line where they can just keep increasing the size of UMD's too and still be compatible with current PSP's. They'd have to make an all new disk and system if they wanted to make larger disks. DS games can actually go as high as they could ever want, there's no real limit to flash memory at the moment, besides price. I think the largest SD card currently available is like 32GB, and that's near a bluray disk. So go figure, only limit is the price. And that is constantly dropping as time goes on.

Actually there is a 2TB card coming out soon. It will be so damn expensive.
#14elheberPosted 6/21/2010 10:36:50 PM
They aren't flash media. They're ROM. If they were flash they'd cost like $20 for the cartridges alone without any data inside.
---
"A closet intellectual, he acts dumb to impress women."
I type random stuff in this line if I have something extra to say.