Nintendo should release this in the Summer.

#1HellspreePosted 6/21/2010 9:33:10 PM
Lately, I've noticed that I've been playing more of my DS than my PS3 in the last few weeks and I have a answer.

Summer is here, and within my summer, I tend to leave the comfort of my home and spent more time outside by camping, chilling out in a patio. Not to mention that summer is convention season.

There isn't really much blockbuster games in the summer on either the console or handheld so since many people would go outside in the summer compared to a cold winter and Nintendo wanting to maximize their gains. I think the 3DS and their launch games should be release in the summer for us to enjoy.

Just a thought
#2nintend0Fan46Posted 6/21/2010 9:35:06 PM
It'd be nice if they released this earlier but I don't want them to rush or release half-baked games just because some people have nothing to do during the summer.
#3silver knuxPosted 6/21/2010 9:37:36 PM
I'm not expecting anything earlier than an October release for the 3DS.
---
Wielder of the Legendary Halberd of Noobpwnage+3
#4LimxzeroPosted 6/21/2010 9:42:43 PM
Oh, they wouldn't release it so soon after announcing it. They need time to fine-tune all the nuances, such as the 3D. And I also suspect most of the launch titles to still be under development. We should really hope they're taking their time to get it right.
---
<< A witty saying proves nothing. >>
#5DGM09Posted 6/21/2010 9:45:01 PM
Moreover, there's a large number of the population spending money on holiday trips (particularly critical in the case of parents with children).
---
Bang.
#6Hellspree(Topic Creator)Posted 6/21/2010 9:46:40 PM
For the record when I meant "the Summer" I meant the Summers we'll have in the future like in 2011-

I think it's way to early to release it this summer, they need to advertise it to the casual audience and others who didn't keep track of E3.
#7DGM09Posted 6/21/2010 9:47:54 PM
Either way, Summer's a bad period of time. It's not a coincidence that there are scarce releases then.
---
Bang.
#8tYRE_602Posted 6/21/2010 9:52:57 PM
They'd lose a good amount of money if they decided to release it in the summer. Holiday season is always the best time to release new products. People pick them up like candy.
---
"The man who trades freedom for security does not deserve nor will he receive either."- Ben Franklin
#9ToastIsWooshPosted 6/21/2010 9:56:03 PM

I meant the Summers we'll have in the future like in 2011

http://myfacewhen.com/110/
That's WAY too late. I mean, they can't keep people waiting that long. And besides that, holiday always seems to be a better move.
---
http://i48.tinypic.com/2ztiy2w.jpg
http://i45.tinypic.com/332vyw6.jpg
#10darkprince25Posted 6/21/2010 9:57:17 PM
They'd lose a good amount of money if they decided to release it in the summer. Holiday season is always the best time to release new products. People pick them up like candy.

Yeah, people love to splurge during the holidays. New electronics are easy gifts so they move fast, demographics be dammed.
---
Wii what more can I say???